A new research report — “ASIC Design Starts for 2014 by Key End Market Applications” from Semico predicts that the ASIC Design Start market will grow by 7.1 percent in 2014.
Mixed-signal ASIC designs have been growing in the past few years as more systems continue to seek to interface to analog type “real-world” functions. The basic SoC market is being driven by the need for silicon solutions and the continuing emergence of the Internet of Things (IoT).
“Increases in ASIC Design Start activity are key to the improving health of the semiconductor market going forward,” says Rich Wawrzyniak, Sr. Market Analyst at Semico Research Corporation. “The steady increases in unit volumes in many end markets also has a positive impact on design start activity and provides great support for the 3rd Party IP market as well.”
New research findings include:
- Advanced Performance Multicore will grow 5.3% in 2014
- Value Multicore SoCs will grow 5.6% in 2014
- The entire ASIC Design Start market increased 5.9% in 2013
- First time SoC design efforts will rise 5.2% in 2014
The report “ASIC Design Starts for 2014 by Key End Market Applications” released in February 2014 contains numerous data about the current and future of the ASIC Design Start market. The report is 177 pages and includes 150 tables and 79 informative charts.
Information included in the report:
- 73 end market applications are analyzed and organized into categories by Computer, Consumer, Communications, Industrial, and Automotive
- 9 ASIC product types including Mixed Signal, 3 SoC types, FPGAs, and PLDs analyzed by design starts with unit shipments for each
- Two years of history (2012 – 2013) and a 5-year forecast (2014 – 2018) are included
For more information, visit http://semico.com/content/asic-design-starts-2014-key-end-market-applications.