Texas Instruments announced the TAS5760xx family of four digital-input, closed-loop I2S amplifiers. The TI TAS5760xx consists of the TAS5760MD, TAS5760LD, TAS5760M and TAS5760L devices. The TAS5760xx are available in four pin-compatible, 48-pin versions: the TAS5760MD and TAS5760LD with headphone amplifiers/line drivers, and the TAS5760M and TAS5760L non-headphone versions. The TAS5760M and TAS5760L are also offered in 9mm by 6mm, 32-pin packages.
TI TAS5760xx Amplifiers Features
- Industry’s best THD+N, crosstalk and idle noise, along with a closed-loop architecture that provides excellent power supply rejection ratio (PSRR) of 80 dB, allows amplifiers to maintain constant power even when the battery output fluctuates
- Enables use of lower cost power supply designs in systems with changing power supply levels, such as portable docking stations and Bluetooth speakers
- Industry’s lowest RDS(on) of 120 mOhm delivers superior thermal performance for today’s consumer audio products that operate at high ambient temperatures
- High switching frequency of up to 1.2 MHz reduces electromagnetic interference (EMI) and allows the use of smaller output filters to lower BOM costs and reduce overall solution size
- Supports a wide voltage range from 4.5 V to 26.4 V, allowing both battery and AC line operation to satisfy the majority of mid-power applications
- Flexible configuration options via software (I2C) and hardware (GPIO pins) control modes support multi-channel system designs
- Amplifiers can be combined with the PCM1808 stereo analog-to-digital converter (ADC), featuring 99-dB signal-to-noise ratio (SNR), to create a high-performance audio signal chain
The Texas Instruments TAS5760xx devices feature high switching frequency. This enables engineers to use smaller output filter components to reduce overall solution size and bill of materials (BOM) cost. They stream 20-W continuous power per channel without a heatsink, and deliver the industry’s best performance specifications, including THD+N of 0.03 percent at 1 W, crosstalk of -92 dB, and 66-uV idle channel noise.
The TI TAS5760xx are ideal for mid-power stereo audio applications including TVs, soundbars, portable docking stations, Bluetooth speakers, and aftermarket automotive audio products.
The new closed-loop I2S amplifiers are available today in 12-mm by 8-mm, 48-pin TSSOP packages. Pricing in 1,000-unit quantities is as follows:
- TAS5760MD with integrated headphone, and maximum supply of 26.4 V: $3.09
- TAS5760M with no headphone, and maximum supply of 26.4 V: $2.79
- TAS5760LD with integrated headphone, and maximum supply of 16.5 V: $2.89
- TAS5760L with no headphone, and maximum supply of 16.5 V: $2.59
More info: Texas Instruments