Texas Instruments introduced the DRV8801-Q1, DRV8823-Q1, DRV8832-Q1 and DRV8301-Q1 automotive motor drivers. The DRV3202-Q1 is available in an HTQFP 80-pin package and is priced at $3.80 in 1,000-unit quantities. The DRV3201-Q1 is available in an HTQFP 64-pin package and is priced at $2.63 in 1,000-unit quantities. The DRV3204-Q1 and DRV3203-Q1 Grade 1 (Ta=125C) devices are available now for ordering. Grade-0 (Ta=150C) devices will be available in October 2013. Both Grade 1 and Grade 0 devices will be available in an HTQFP 48-pin package. The DRV3204-Q1 is priced at $2.63 for 100-unit quantities and the DRV3203-Q1 is available upon request.
TI DRV32xx-Q1 Automotive Motor Drivers Features
- Optimized component count and board space for cost- and space-sensitive applications
- Integrated hard-wired diagnostic circuits including a pre-FET driver short, over/under voltage and over temperature
- System’s microcontroller can quickly communicate with the DRV32xx-Q1 family and monitor internal status through serial peripheral interface (SPI)
- Devices help design applications to meet the functional safety requirements of ISO 26262
- Design simplicity for start-stop and cold crank applications
The new TI DRV32xx-Q1 family helps engineers design automotive applications that meet the functional safety requirements of ISO 26262. The new TI devices are 3-phase, brushless, pre-FET motor drivers with built-in diagnostic capabilities.
The DRV3202-Q1 offers automotive system designers integrated power management and CAN interface to help reduce board space and design complexity in safety-critical applications. The DRV3203-Q1 and DRV3204-Q1 help engineers design safety-critical applications to meet ASIL-B, while the DRV3201-Q1 helps TI engineers design safety-critical applications to meet ASIL-D requirements.