Silicon Labs recently announced their Si50x CMEMS oscillator family. The new Si50x oscillators are based on Silicon Labs’ patented CMEMS technology. They are the first to enable MEMS structures to be built directly on top of standard CMOS wafers in high-volume fabs, which results in fully integrated, highly reliable monolithic CMOS+MEMS IC solutions.
The highly integrated MEMS-based oscillators are designed to replace general-purpose crystal oscillators (XOs) in cost-sensitive, low-power and high-volume industrial, embedded and consumer electronics applications. The devices are ideal for digital cameras, storage and memory, ATM machines, point-of-sale equipment and multi-function printers.
The Si50x CMEMS oscillators support any frequency between 32 kHz and 100 MHz. Frequency stability options include ±20, ±30 and ±50 ppm across extended commercial (-20 to 70 oC) and industrial (-40 to 85 oC) operating temperature ranges. The CMEMS oscillators also offer extensive field- and factory-programmable features including low-power and low-period jitter modes, programmable rise/fall times and polarity-configurable output-enable functionality.
Production quantities of Silicon Labs’ Si501/2/3/4 CMEMS oscillators are available now in three industry-standard 4-pin DFN package sizes: 2 mm x 2.5 mm, 2.5 mm x 3.2 mm and 3.2 mm x 5 mm. Pricing for Si50x oscillators start at $0.44 in 10,000-unit quantities.
Silicon Labs Si50x CMEMS Oscillators Features
- Wide frequency range: 32 kHz to 100 MHz
- Less than 2 week lead time for samples
- Si501 single frequency with OE
- Si502 dual frequency with OE/FS
- Si503 quad frequency with FS
- ±20/30/50 ppm frequency stability including 10-year aging
- LVCMOS/LVTTL output
- Low period jitter (11 ps PkPk)
- Low power
- Continuous supply voltage range: 1.71 to 3.63 V
- User selectable TR/TF options
- Glitchless start and stop
- Excellent short-term stability, long-term aging
- Industry standard footprints: 2mm x 2.5mm, 2.5mm x 3.2mm, 3.2mm x 5mm
- RoHS compliant, Pb-free
- Field programmable
- -20 to +70°C: extended commercial temperature
- -40 to +85°C: industrial temperature