Texas Instruments recently announced the SafeTI Hitex Safety Kit. The tool enables developers to evaluate SafeTI components for use in designs requiring compliance to functional safety standards such as ISO26262 and IEC 61508. The SafeTI Hitex Safety Kits are available now for $499. The Hercules RM48x MCU-based SafeTI Hitex Safety Kit is ideal for medical and industrial designs. The Hercules TMS570LS31x kit is ideal for automotive and transportation designs.
The SafeTI Hitex Safety Kit enables engineers to easily evaluate performance of SafeTI components for use in their safety-critical designs. The hardware platform helps designers evaluate the individual TI hardware components, either Hercules TMS570LS31x microcontrollers (MCUs) or RM48x MCUs and TPS65381-Q1 power management integrated circuit (PMIC) with TI’s Hercules SafeTI Diagnostic Library.
The new SafeTI Hitex Safety Kit includes an example system with capabilities for hardware fault injection, application and run-time profiling of fault diagnostics and system response monitoring in real-time.
TI SafeTI Hitex Safety Kit Features
- Enables designers to evaluate SafeTI components for potential use in designs requiring functional safety and targeting compliance to functional safety standards such as IEC 61508 and ISO 26262
- Integrates key capabilities for fault injection, application of diagnostics, reaction monitoring and run-time profiling of fault diagnostic routines for the example system
- Provides a demo software application that can be used as a starting point for evaluating TI Hercules MCU and PMIC combination chipset
- Offers a user-friendly, host-based graphical-user interface (GUI) that provides capability to inject faults, apply diagnostics, profile run-time of fault diagnostics, time-stamp system response and set configurations; and communicates with the development board to request status information enabling visualization of system response timing
- Includes a second MCU on the evaluation board that acts as test control and monitor unit, and manages communication with the GUI
- Includes an on-board JTAG emulator, accelerometer, CAN transceiver, LCD module, temperature sensor and host/debug interface with a USB HUB controller and a serial communication port converter
- Utilizes an industry-standard DIMM form factor with 100-pin connector footprint for plugging into select TI motor control kits
- Supports use of select non-TI third-party debug tools with a 20-pin external JTAG header for further design flexibility
- Includes user-friendly documentation including a quick-start tutorial, user’s guide, hardware schematics, and documentation for the diagnostic library to help ease evaluation and kit use
- Provides easy-to-use SafeTI Hercules software framework, which makes it easy to start development of safety-critical applications using SafeTI components
- Includes well-documented source code for the demo application, the monitoring application and the diagnostic library
- Provides latest version of TI’s Eclipse-based Code Composer Studio IDE for use with the emulator