Texas Instruments announced their new InstaSPIN-MOTION motor control solution. The tool is a torque-, speed- and motion- control software solution. It features robust system performance at the highest efficiency for motor applications that operate in various motion state transitions. InstaSPIN-MOTION is ideal for applications that require accurate speed control, minimal disturbance, and for applications that undergo multiple state transitions or experience dynamic changes.
InstaSPIN-MOTION is built upon TI’s InstaSPIN-FOC motor control solution. It is designed to optimize complex motion sequences. The solution reduces tuning to a single parameter and tracks desired trajectories with excellent accuracy across operating ranges. According to TI, it is the easiest and most effective method for achieving optimized sensorless motor control.
TI InstaSPIN-MOTION enables more expertise on chip. With the core algorithms embedded in the read-only-memory (ROM) on TI’s 32-bit C2000 Piccolo microcontrollers (MCUs), InstaSPIN-MOTION integrates SpinTAC components from LineStream Technologies, featuring optimized motion profiling, single-parameter tuning and a disturbance-rejecting controller, which speeds development and increases performance across changing speeds and loads. InstaSPIN-MOTION can be used with sensored feedback or with the included sensorless InstaSPIN-FOC solution.
- Eliminates motion control challenges in traditional motor systems
- Ensures optimum tracking and disturbance rejection, working with the real inertia of the system
- Minimizes effort and reduce complexity with single coefficient tuning
- Produces an automatically optimized motion profile based on start velocity, target velocity and system limitations for acceleration, jerk and motion trajectory type
- Quickly builds various states of motion (speed A to speed B) and tie them together with state-based logic
- Develops and evaluates quickly using the new motor control software infrastructure, MotorWare
InstaSPIN-MOTION is available now on the production-ready, 90 MHz, 32-bit floating point Piccolo F2806xM microcontrollers starting at $10.22 USD per 10 Ku. Designers can start their InstaSPIN-MOTION motor designs with a low-voltage, low-current motor control kit for $299 (DRV8312-69M-KIT); low-voltage, high-current motor control kit for $299 (DRV8301-69M-KIT) or high-voltage motor control kit for $699 (TMDSHVMTRINSPIN).