WinSystems announced the PPM-GIGE-2-POE PC/104-Plus I/O module. The PPM-GIGE-2-POE card features two independent Gigabit Ethernet ports with Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE) circuits. The module can be used to source two remote tethered 802.3af/at compliant POE devices supporting up to 25W each from an external DC source. It is ideal for security, transportation, and industrial control where centralized power can simplify integration and reduce wiring costs. The WinSystems dual channel PPM-GIGE-2-POE is priced at $249 each.
The PPM-GIGE-2-POE can manage power to remotely located POE devices or board stacks. Both POE interfaces can use separate external DC supplies or share a single external power source. The POE controller for each channel goes through a detection, discovery, and classification process each time a network cable is attached or removed. The controller additionally provides input undervoltage lockout, input overvoltage lockout, over temperature detection, output voltage slew-rate limit during startup and LED status indication on each port. This protection operates automatically without the need of software.
The WinSystems PPM-GIGE-2-POE is based on two Realtek RTL8110s Gigabit Ethernet controllers. The controllers combine triple-speed, IEEE 802.3-compliant Media Access Controller with an Ethernet transceiver, 32-bit PCI bus controller, and embedded memory. The Ethernet controllers are compliant with the IEEE 802.3at specification for 10/100Mbps Ethernet and the IEEE 802.3ab specification for 1000Mbps Ethernet. This module uses RJ-45 connectors to plug into 10/100/1000Mbps networks using standard Category 5 (CAT5) unshielded twisted pair (UTP) copper cables.
WinSystems PPM-GIGE-2-POE Module Features
- Two Gigabit Ethernet controllers (RTL8100SC)
- 10/100/1000 Mbps Full-Duplex / Half-Duplex operation
- Two RJ-45 connector interfaces
- Automatic switching from 1 Gbps to 100 or 10 Mbps
- POE interface configurable device with up to 40W of power
- 802.3af compliant interface
- Endpoint/Midspan selectable configuration support
- 64-KByte receive and 8-KByte transmit FIFO
- IEEE 802.3.x-compliant full-duplex support
- IEEE 802.3ab Auto-Negotiation with next page support
- 2 pair/3 pair cable downshift support
- Industrial operating temperature range: -40°C to 85°C
- Supports Windows XP, Windows Embedded Standard, Linux, DOS, x86 RTOS
- PC/104-Plus compliant board
- Supports 5V or 3.3V PC/104-Plus bus
- Adaptive equalization support
- LEDs provide visual status indication
- RoHS compliant
More info: WinSystems PPM-GIGE-2-POE PC/104-Plus Dual Gigabit Controller (pdf)