Texas Instruments Debuts TPS50601, TPS50301 monolithic POL DC/DC Converters
Texas Instruments announced their TPS50601 and TPS50301 monolithic point-of-load (POL) DC/DC converters. The TI devices are synchronous step-down converters optimized for small form factor designs. The 6.3-V, 6-A TPS50601 and the 6.3-V, 3-A TPS50301 are sampling now in a 20-pin thermally enhanced dual in-line ceramic flatpack. They are ideal for radiation tolerant, geological, heavy industrial, and oil and gas applications.
The TI TPS50601 and the TPS50301 feature current mode control, high switching frequency, and integration of the high- and low-side MOSFETs. The Texas Instruments devices reduce board space by 50% compared to other solutions.
Texas Instruments TPS50301-HT and TPS50601-SP Features
- Peak Efficiency: 95% (VO = 3.3 V)
- Integrated 55-mΩ/50-mΩ MOSFETs
- Split Power Rail: 1.6 V to 6.3 V on PVIN
- Power Rail: 3 V to 6.3 V on VIN
- TPS50301-HT: 3 A
- TPS50601-SP: 6 A
- TPS50601-SP: SEL Latchup Immune to LET = 85 MeV-cm2/mg
- TPS50601-SP: Total Dose (TID) tolerance = 100kRad (Si)
- 0.795-V ±1.258% Voltage Reference at 25°C
- Monotonic Start-Up into Pre-Biased Outputs
- Adjustable Slow Start and Power Sequencing
- Power Good Output Monitor for Undervoltage and Overvoltage
- Adjustable Input Undervoltage Lockout
More info: TI TPS50601-SP and TPS50301-HT (pdf)
If you are familiar with RSS feeds, you can also sign up for our free news feed. Our RSS feed is updated in real-time while our newsletter is updated daily.