Texas Instruments Debuts TPS659119-Q1 Power Management Unit
Texas Instruments announced the TPS659119-Q1 low-voltage power management unit. The device offers a start-up time of under 10 mS. The TPS659119-Q1 comes in a HTQFP 80-pin package and is available now for ordering. It has a suggested retail price of $5.61 in 100-unit quantities. The TI device is ideal for automotive applications like graphical cluster, infotainment and advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS).
The TPS659119-Q1 is optimized to work with TI’s automotive OMAP processors, including the DRA6x family (codenamed “Jacinto”) of infotainment processors, and other ARM Cortex-A offerings. In addition, the TPS659119-Q1 is factory-programmed and has customizable power-up and power-down sequencing based on the customer’s processor of choice and system power needs.
Texas Instruments TPS659119-Q1 Features
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- –40°C to 85°C Ambient Operating Temperature Range
- Device HBM ESD Classification Level H2
- Device CDM ESD Classification Level C4A
- Embedded Power Controller (EPC) With EEPROM Programmability
- Two Efficient Step-Down DCDC Converters with Dynamic Voltage Scaling for Processor Cores (VDD1, VDD2)
- Efficient Step-Down DCDC Converter for I/O Power (VIO)
- Interface to Control an External DCDC Converter (EXTCTRL)
- Eight LDO Voltage Regulators and One RTC LDO (Supply for Internal RTC)
- High-Speed I2C Interface for General-Purpose Control Commands (CTL-I2C)
- Two Independent Enable Signals for Controlling Power Resources (EN1, EN2)
- Thermal Shutdown Protection and Hot-Die Detection
- Real-Time Clock (RTC) Resource
- Nine Configurable GPIOs with Multiplexed Feature Support
- Two Reset Inputs, for Cold Reset (HDRST) and a Power Initialization Reset (PWRDN) for Thermal Reset Input
- 32-kHz Clock Output (CLK32KOUT) and System Reset (NRESPWRON) Included in Power Sequence
- Two ON/OFF LED Pulse Generators and One PWM Generator
If you are familiar with RSS feeds, you can also sign up for our free news feed. Our RSS feed is updated in real-time while our newsletter is updated daily.