Texas Instruments and Mouser Electronics announced the TI MCU BoosterPack Design Challenge. Three winners will be selected. The grand prize is a round-trip flight to San Jose, California and an opportunity to be featured in the TI booth at DESIGN West. The deadline to submit an original BoosterPack design is March 1, 2013. Winners may also have the opportunity to have their original BoosterPack plug-in module designs considered for manufacture by CircuitCo Electronics.
The MCU BoosterPack Design Challenge is an opportunity for innovators to design a creative BoosterPack that exhibits a unique feature or compelling functionality that is not currently offered in the market today. Makers can design a BoosterPack leveraging the differentiated features of any of the three TI MCU LaunchPad evaluation kits: MSP430 LaunchPad, C2000 LaunchPad and Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad.
TI MCU BoosterPack Design Challenge Guidelines
- Submit an original BoosterPack design for your MCU LaunchPad
- Provide a brief, written description of the BoosterPack design
- Include schematic layout (including reference designators and an extractable net-list)
- Bill of materials not to exceed $40 (in unit orders of 1K, in XLS format, noting reference designators and manufacturer part numbers)
- Record a video describing your BoosterPack idea and upload it to YouTube
- Upload your project to an online file sharing site (ex: Google Drive, Github) and set it for public view