WonderMedia Technologies introduced the PRIZM WM8980 system-on-chip. The Soc features the 1.2GHz ARM Cortex-A9 and supports 1080p video playback. The chip is ideal for tablets, Smart TV, SmartStream for wireless display and multimedia streaming, networked projectors, digital signage, and thin clients. The WonderMedia PRIZM WM8980 platform is sampling now and is scheduled for volume shipments in the first quarter of 2013.
The WonderMedia PRIZM WM8980 features seamless integration of the Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Miracast standard into the WonderMedia SmartStream. It supports DMR (Digital Media Renderer) and wireless display functionalities over standard compliant and legacy WiFi direct and WiFi devices in both embedded and Android environments. The chip supports Android 4.2 and is optimized for innovative tablet applications for mobile, digital home and business applications.
WonderMedia PRIZM WM8980 System-on-Chip Features
- 1.2 GHz ARM Cortex-A9 dual-core processor
- ARM Mali-400 dual-processor GPU
- Multi-standard 1080p video decoding engine
- H.264 video encoding
- DDR3/LPDDR2 SDRAM interface
- Multiple video interfaces: HDMI, LVDS, DVI and DVO up to 1920×1080 @60Hz
- Flexible networking and peripheral interface
- Advanced hardware security engine
- Android 4.1/4.2 and above, Embedded Linux and Windows CE7
More info: WonderMedia PRIZM WM8980 SoC