Conexant CX20865 Integrates Low-Power DSP with Speech Recognition Engine
Conexant Systems introduced the CX20865 Far-Field Voice input processor SoC. The system-on-chip is designed specifically for Smart TVs. The chip is a dedicated Far-Field Voice solution with integrated Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) engine. It is optimized for telepresence and voice control applications. The CX20865 is available in 9×9 BGA package. Prices start at $5.50 each in 100K quantities.
The CX20865 features an integrated speech recognition engine and low-power DSP. It also includes support for stand-alone Wake-on-Voice functionality during Smart TV power-off state. The SoC adds a differentiated Watch Live and Talk experience with VoIP applications, such as Skype TV, and delivers accurate voice control performance while the TV is blasting in high volume. The new Selective Source Pickup technology maintains speech recognition in the presence of random ambient interference, enabling live demos in the retail environment and tradeshows.
The Conexant CX20865 hardware features dual cores, high-performance 32-bit DSP, processing multi-thread voice streams and a third party ASR. The integrated DC/DC provides advanced power management functions. The device has full-speed USB and I2S I/Os for voice data, and I2C and UART interface for control. The quad microphone input paths have been upgraded with high-performance pre-amp and 24 bit ADCs, delivering 106dB dynamic range full path. In addition, each microphone path has dedicated microphone bias to prevent cross-talk.
Conexant CX20865 Features
- Supports three major voice user modes: conversation, command and control, voice dictation
- Watch Live and Talk
- Selective Source Pickup
- Multi-vendor hit-rate optimization
- Pre-tuned hidden microphone module for industrial design esthetics and performance
- Far-Field Voice processing with AEC supporting Stereo, 2.1CH and 2+2 (tweeters and woofers) configurations
- 32-bit dual-core DSP with integrated data and program memory
- Integrated DC/DC for power management
- Quad 24-bit ADC and microphone preamp with independent microphone bias supply
More info: Conexant
If you are familiar with RSS feeds, you can also sign up for our free news feed. Our RSS feed is updated in real-time while our newsletter is updated daily.