Texas Instruments ADS1293 Analog Front End Supports 5 Leads with Single AFE
Texas Instruments introduced their ADS1293 analog-front-end (AFE) IC. The TI ADS1293 can support one to five leads with a single AFE. It reduces the size, power consumption and overall cost of scalable medical instrumentation systems. The AFE is available now in a 5mm x 5mm QFN package. It is priced at $5.50 in 1,000-unit quantities. The analog-front-end is ideal for biopotential measurement applications like portable, battery-powered electrocardiogram (ECG) solutions, Holter monitors and wireless patient monitoring equipment.
The ADS1293 features three high-resolution channels capable of operating up to 25.6ksps. Each channel can be independently programmed for a specific sample rate and bandwidth, allowing designers to optimize the configuration for performance and power. All input pins incorporate an EMI filter and can be routed to any channel via a flexible routing switch. Flexible routing also allows independent lead-off detection, right leg drive, and Wilson/Goldberger reference terminal generation without the need to reconnect leads externally. A fourth channel allows external analog pace detection for applications that do not utilize digital pace detection.
Texas Instruments ADS1293 Analog Front End Features
- 3 high resolution digital ECG channels with simultaneous pace output
- EMI hardened inputs
- Low power: 0.3mW/channel
- Input-referred noise: 7µVpp (40Hz BW)
- Input bias current: 175pA
- Data rate: up to 25.6ksps
- Differential input voltage range: ±400mV
- Analog supply voltage: 2.7V to 5.5V
- Digital I/O supply voltage: 1.65V to 3.6V
- Right leg drive amplifier
- AC and DC lead-Off detection
- Wilson and Goldberger terminals
- ALARM pin for interrupt driven diagnostics
- Battery voltage monitoring
- Built-in oscillator and reference
- Flexible power-down and standby modes
More info: Texas Instruments ADS1293 Analog Front End
If you are familiar with RSS feeds, you can also sign up for our free news feed. Our RSS feed is updated in real-time while our newsletter is updated daily.