Data Translation introduced the DT9847 Series high-accuracy, dynamic signal acquisition modules for USB. The DT9847 features an ultra-low total harmonic distortion (THD) of 102dB. It also offers a 123dB dynamic range for low to high level precise signal measurement without any gain ranging. The DT9847 Series will be available this month. Prices start at $1595.
The Data Translation DT9847 includes comprehensive driver and software support, and interface tools for LabVIEW and MATLAB programmers. The modules are ideal for precision measurements with microphones, accelerometers, and other transducers that have a large dynamic range. Applications include audio, acoustic, and vibration testing.
Data Translation DT9847 Series Features
- Flexible channel configurations with portable, USB-powered models available
- Simultaneous analog input and analog output operations (continuous or waveform mode)
- 24-bit A/D converter per channel (up to 3 analog inputs depending on model)
- Up to 216 kSamples/s/ch
- Input range of ±10 V with software selectable gains of 1 and 10 for an effective input range of ±10 V and ±1 V
- Supports IEPE (Integrated Electronic Piezoelectric) inputs, including use of a 4 mA current source with 18 V compliance voltage for AC or DC coupling
- 32-bit D/A per channel with sampling rate up to 216 kSamples/s/ch (1 or 2 depending on model) and output range of ±3 V
- Digital I/O: 4 input lines and 4 output lines
- Supports a start trigger for acquiring pre-trigger samples and a reference trigger for acquiring post-trigger samples
- Sync Bus (RJ45) connector for synchronizing acquisition on up to four DT9847 Series modules
- Includes drivers and software
- Supported by VIBpoint Framework (available as 14-day trial version)