Cinterion introduced the EHS5 high-speed M2M communication module. The Gemalto Cinterion solution provides secure wireless connectivity for industrial applications. It features a complete client Java runtime optimized for microcontrollers and other resource-constrained devices. The compact EHS5 device measures 18.8 x 27.6 x 2.3 mm. It is available in two variants: EHS5-US (850/1900 MHz) for North America, and EHS5-E (900/2100 MHz) for global coverage.
The Gemalto Cinterion EHS5 module provides Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) with a cost effective, flexible platform for bringing advanced M2M technology to market faster.
It enables network migration within a single design while ensuring long-lasting, future-proof applications. The solution’s Java-based application environment helps the vast Java developer community to tap into its existing resources to simplify and to speed up M2M solution design and integration. The module also enables lean system architecture by running software directly on the Cinterion module eliminating the expense of additional co-processors and memory chips and making applications smaller and less complex.
The EHS5 module’s Java Virtual Machine (JVM) serves as a hub connecting application software with security elements and end user computer systems to ease integration and deployment. In addition, it enables value added features such as over-the-air (OTA) provisioning and remote updates of data and applications.
Gemalto Cinterion EHS5 Wireless Module Features
- Mounting by solderable pins – no screws, no spacer
- GPRS/EDGE Class 12
- USB 2.0
- Extended operating temperature range: -40° to +85°C
- Remote SIM access
- 3GPP Rel.7 Compliant Protocol Stack
- Dual-Band UMTS (WCDMA/FDD) EHS5-E (900 and 2100 MHz) and EHS5-US (850 and 1900 MHz)
- Dual-Band GSM EHS5-E: 900 and 1800 MHz EHS5-US: 850 and 1900 MHz
- SIM Application Toolkit, letter class c
- Control via standardized and extended AT commands (Hayes, TS 27.007 and 27.005)
- Supply voltage range 3.3 – 4.5 V, highly optimized for minimal power consumption
- Dimension: 18.8 x 27.6 x 2.3 mm
More info: Cinterion EHS5 M2M Module (pdf)