GreenPeak Technologies introduced the GP710 dual-protocol ZigBee communications controller. The GP710 IC offers simultaneous support for ZigBee RF4CE and ZigBee IP/ZigBee PRO protocols. The GP710 communication controller includes special hardware features that enable multi-protocol support. The single chip minimizes the interrupt load on the set-top box processor.
The GreenPeak GP710 dual-protocol communication chip targets set-top boxes, gateways and Smart Home controllers. It is designed for supporting simultaneously ZigBee RF4CE applications (such as remote controls) and ZigBee IP or ZigBee PRO Smart Home applications (such as security, home care and energy management).
The benefits of the communication controller include simpler product design, cost reduction of the total product bill-of-material (single silicon) and a less complex PCB and antenna that makes it simpler and faster for developers to integrate ZigBee into their set-top box or gateway designs.
GreenPeak GP710 Features
- Ultra low cost PCB design, requiring no shielding, LP filters, baluns or chip antennas
- IEEE 802.15.4 compliant
- Dual Stack / Dual PAN Support
- Operates in the worldwide 2.4 GHz ISM-band
- Excellent range by antenna diversity: 9 dB more reliable link budget compared to single antenna systems
- 30 dB better robustness to Wi-Fi interference mechanisms
- Hardware accelerated AES-128 CCM* security mode with automatic encryption, decryption and authentication
- Suitable for target node
- SPI serial host interface
More info: GreenPeak GP710 Dual Protocol ZigBee Chip (pdf)