The Moxa UC-8481 embedded computer is designed for multiple-WAN wireless routing. It features the Intel XScale IXP435 533 MHz RISC CPU, 32 MB NOR Flash ROM, 512 MB SDRAM, 512 MB NAND Flash, two RS-232/422/485 serial ports, two Ethernet ports, four digital input channels, four digital output channels, a CompactFlash socket, and two USB 2.0 ports. The Moxa UC-8481 embedded computer is ideal for managing wireless connections in cross-operator environments.
The multiple-WAN wireless routing ability enables engineers to replace two complex network appliances with a single solution. The Moxa UC-8481 embedded computer features a built-in GPS module, HSPA+ cellular and 802.11n wireless modules. The cellular module connectors include independent power switches. The embedded system is fully EN 50155 compliant.
Moxa UC-8481 Embedded Computer Features
- Intel XScale IXP435 533 MHz processor
- 512 MB DDR2 SDRAM
- 32 MB NOR Flash onboard (read-only root operating system)
- 512 MB NAND Flash, expandable up to 1 GB (for read-write directory mounts)
- Fanless, rugged design for rolling stock applications that demand EN 50155 compliance
- Extra Wi-Fi and cellular slots for cross-operator networking expansion
- Wi-Fi, cellular, and GPS modules for full communications mobility
- Independent, software-based power control of cellular modules
- Ready-to-run, fully open embedded Linux/GNU operating system
- -25° to 70°C wide temperature models available
More info: Moxa UC-8481 Embedded Computer (pdf)