Texas Instruments Introduces DS90UB913Q Serializer and DS90UB914Q Deserializer
Texas Instruments debuted the DS90UB913Q serializer and DS90UB914Q deserializer. The TI components provides a seamless video and data interface to megapixel driver assist camera modules, with no software overhead and fewer wires. This results in reduced power consumption, cost and weight. The DS90UB913Q and DS90UB914Q are available now for $5.36 each (in 1,000-unit quantities). The DS90UB913Q serializer is supplied in a 32-pin, 5mm x 5mm QFN package. The DS90UB914Q deserializer is offered in a 48-pin, 7mm x 7mm QFN package.
The DS90UB913Q serializer and DS90UB914Q deserializer are the latest members of the FPD-Link III automotive-grade chipset family. The SerDes chipset accelerates the adoption of camera safety systems in the mid- and entry-level vehicle segments. The TI devices are ideal for front-view camera for collision avoidance and traffic sign/pedestrian recognition, rear-view camera for backup protection, and surround-view cameras for parking assistance.
Automotive safety system designers can use TI’s FPD-Link III SerDes chipsets to connect cameras and displays to an electronic control unit (ECU) with thinner, more flexible cabling. The DS90UB913Q and DS90UB914Q can also be combined with other automotive vision control building blocks, including the TMS320DM8148 (DM8148) automotive vision processor, LM22671 42-V, 500-mA SIMPLE SWITCHER step-down voltage regulator, and LP38693 500-mA LDO regulator.
TI DS90UB913Q Serializer and DS90UB914Q Deserializer Features
- 10 MHz to 100 MHz input pixel clock support
- Single differential pair interconnect
- Programmable data payload
- 10-bit payload up to 100Mhz
- 12-bit payload up to 75MHz
- Continuous low latency bidirectional control interface channel with I2C support@400kHz
- 2:1 multiplexer to choose between two input imagers
- Embedded clock with DC balanced coding to support AC-coupled interconnects
- Capable of driving up to 25 meters shielded twisted-pair
- Four dedicated General Purpose Input (GPI)/ Output (GPO)
- LOCK output reporting pin and AT-SPEED BIST diagnosis feature to validate link integrity
- Integrated termination resistors
- 1.8V, 2.8V or 3.3V compatible parallel inputs on serializer
- Single power supply at 1.8V
- ISO 10605 and IEC 61000-4-2 ESD compliant
- Temperature range: -40°C to +105°C
- Small serializer footprint (5mm x 5mm)
- No reference clock required on Deserializer
- Adaptive receive equalization
- EMI/EMC mitigation
- DES Programmable Spread Spectrum (SSCG) outputs
- DES receiver staggered outputs
More info: TI DS90UB913Q and DS90UB914Q FPD-Link III Chipset (pdf)
If you are familiar with RSS feeds, you can also sign up for our free news feed. Our RSS feed is updated in real-time while our newsletter is updated daily.