Distec introduced the PrismaMEDIA-eco and PrismaECO-III TFT controllers. The third generation PrismaECO-III features PWM (pulse-width modulation) function for controlling LED backlights, while the newly developed PrismaMEDIA-eco offers a DisplayPort interface for Full-HD. Both TFT controllers are individually adapted to each TFT panel and are available, ready to install with cable assembly and panel. The production is done exclusively in Germany. Customized adaptations to hardware and firmware are possible on a project by project basis.
PrismaECO-III TFT Controller Features
- Input interfaces: RGB analog (CRT), DVI/HDMI (without HDCP)
- Output interfaces: TTL and single / dual LVDS 18/24 Bit (conventional / non conventional)
- Resolution: VGA (640×480) – SXGA (1280×1024)
- Supported displays: 8-Bit or 6-bit (with dithering) panels
- Scaler chip: Genesis GM5621, scales input signals to native TFT resolution
- OSD (On Screen Display): Auto-adjust and menu-adjust
- Autodetect / Autoconfig: Identification of input format (all VESA modes; special resolutions possible on request)
- Power supply: 12V, optional up to 24V
The original PrismaECO has been around for over eight years with an unchanged footprint. The re-engineered PrismaECO-III includes a PWM function for driving LED backlights. The device offers RGB and DVI signal inputs. It qualifies for all modern TFT panels with resolution up to UXGA/SXGA with 18/24 bit single/dual LVDS or TTL interface. The PrismaECO-III measures only 126.4 x 100.8 mm. A four-button OSD is integrated right into the unit. An external six-button OSD is also available as an option.
PrismaMEDIA-eco TFT Controller Features
- Controls TFT displays up to WUXGA (1920×1200) via LVDS
- HDMI 1.3a (HDCP)
- DVI (via HDMI)
- Display Port 1.1a
- Option for 2 x 5W audio emplifier
- Option for USB interface for remote OSD control
PrismaMEDIA-eco features RGB, DisplayPort and HDMI (DVI via HDMI) interfaces. The card is ideal for all panels with 18/24 bit single/dual LVDS interface and up to WUXGA resolution. Passive loud speakers can be directly connected to the device via the optional 2 x 5 watt Class-A audio amplifiers and a line-out output. Audio signals are decoded directly from the HDMI or DisplayPort input.