Radicom Research introduced the RB1000 family of embedded Bluetooth modules for OEM’s. There are two platforms available: RB1000 and RB1000HM. The RB1000 is a surface mount PCB module with on-board antenna. The RB1000HM is a DIP, through-hole module. The RB1000 and RB1000HM single-mode Bluetooth modules are now available. Prices start at $9 in quantity of 1,000 each for the RB1000. The Radicom embedded Bluetooth modules are ideal for watches, AMR, medical sensors, mice, TV remote controls and fitness trainers.
The RB1000 family of embedded Bluetooth 4.0 modules integrate the entire profiles, applications, radio and Bluetooth protocol stacks. As a result, an external processor is not needed. The Radicom RB1000 Bluetooth modules can be powered directly with a standard 3V coin cell or a pair of AAA batteries. It will wake up in few hundreds microseconds, can consumes as little as 600nA.
The RB1000 Bluetooth modules support connection setup and data transfer as low as 10ms. This enables an application to form a connection and then transfer authenticated data in few milliseconds for a short communication burst before quickly tearing down the connection. It takes less time to make a connection than conventional Bluetooth wireless technology and only consumes about 1/20th of the power of Bluetooth Basic Rate.
Radicom RB1000 Embedded Bluetooth Modules Features
- Bluetooth 4.0 single mode compliant
- Supports master and slave modes
- Integrated Bluetooth low energy stack — including ATT, GATT, SMP, L2CAP, GAP
- RSSI monitoring for proximity applications
- TX power: 4.0dBm
- RX sensitivity: -92.5dBm
- <600nA current consumption in dormant mode
- 10-bit ADC
- 12 digital PIOs, 3 analogue AIOs
- Serial interface (UART / SPI)
- 3 PWM
- Wake-up interrupt
- Watchdog timer
- Small sizes: 0.57″ x 0.91″ x 0.12″ (RB1000)
- HID (Human Interface Devices) V1.0 profile support
- On-board microprocessor, RAM and ROM
- On-board antenna
- -40°C to +85°C temperature operating
- RoHS compliant
More info: Radicom Research