Digi International and Wind River teamed together on the M2M Solution Builder kit, which is a new family of cloud-connected wireless machine-to-machine (M2M) solutions. The kit integrates iDigi Device Cloud with Wind River software. The M2M Solution Builder kits will help developers and OEM’s to quickly build connected products and cloud-enabled services. The M2M Solution Builder kit will be available in June 2012.
The M2M Solution Builder Kit feature a combination of hardware, software, cloud connectivity and access to tailored M2M development services. The complete end-to-end solution is tailored for performance- and connectivity-driven applications. The kits simplify the creation of an M2M solution. The Digi kits are ideal for transportation, smart energy, building automation, access control, security/surveillance, m-health, digital signage, kiosks, and fixed/mobile asset tracking/management applications.
With the Digi M2M Solution Builder kits, engineers will be able to exercise complete iDigi Manager Pro remote management capabilities and cloud-based desktop and mobile web dashboard applications out of the box. In addition, through iDigi Application Development Services and Digi’s Spectrum Design Services, Digi offers custom iDigi web and mobile application development as well as full wireless and hardware design services.
M2M Solution Builder Kit Features
- Intel Atom processor E6204
- Wind River Linux environment with an M2M software development kit (SDK)
- iDigi Connector integration enables any device to integrate easily with the iDigi Device Cloud, which is a proven cloud infrastructure for remote device management and cloud-based information exchange providing Any App, Anything, Anywhere capabilities to connected devices via Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or cellular connectivity
- Wind River Workbench, a collection of tools based on the Eclipse framework
- A wide range of connectivity options, including certification to 2G/3G cellular, dual-stream 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Gigabit Ethernet, 802.15.4, dual HDMI, audio, USB 2.0, internal MicroSD card slot, up to four internal PCI Express Mini Card slots, and an integrated low-power three-axis accelerometer
- Future options are expected to include 4G/LTE cellular connectivity, Bluetooth 3.0, ZigBee, and Solid State Disk (SSD) storage
- Secure and scalable device cloud solution
- Fanless and compact form factor