Summit Microelectronics introduced the SMB206A and SMB210A programmable DC-DC integrated circuits. The SMB206A/SMB210A ICs integrate single or dual step-down DC-DC buck regulators with on-board MOSFET(s) supplying up dual 3A+3A (SMB206A), or single 6A (SMB210A) output currents. The SMB206A and SMB210A DC-DC regulators are available now in a tiny thermally enhanced, RoHS-compliant, lead-free 3mm X 3mm, 20-pad QFN. The SMB206A is priced $1.20 each, while the SMB210A is priced at $1.10 (in quantities of 10,000 units).
The SMB206A and SMB210A are dual/single-output integrated DC-DC buck regulators. They combine Summit’s digital programmability with dense integration, ultra-compact size, and cost-effective bill-of-materials (BoM) necessary for mass-market consumer products.
The Summit SMB206A and SMB210A support advanced power management for green and ENERGY STAR applications. These include a wide range of multimedia consumer and broadband/SoHo applications such as digital LCD/LED/plasma/IP televisions, digital cable/satellite/IP set-top boxes and media gateways, broadband cable/DSL modems, wireless SoHo routers and switches.
Summit SMB206A and SMB210A Features
- Single/Dual Step-Down DC-DC Outputs
- Integrated power MOSFET switches
- 1A/2A/4A output current with built in current limit
- Input voltage range: +4.5V to +16V
- +0.8V to +5.0V output voltage (+/-2.5% accuracy)
- Automatic PFM mode for light load efficiency
- Integrated frequency compensation
- Input undervoltage lockout (UVLO)
- Integrated Power Control and Programmability
- I2C Digital or Pin Control
- Coarse and Fine Output Voltage Setting
- 16-level Coarse nominal setpoint
- +0.8V to +1.8V @ 100mV/step
- 8-level Fine Margining (20XA only)
- +1.14% to +7.95% (vs. coarse setting)
- PWM frequency: 500kHz or 1MHz
- Digital output softstart/stop
- Output UV monitoring with PGOOD/RESET output
More info: Summit Microelectronics SMB206A and SMB210A (pdf)