Texas Instruments introduced the TRPGR30TGC and TRPGP40TGC glass encapsulated mini-transponders. The TI devices are the industry’s smallest half-duplex radio frequency identification mini-transponders. The Texas Instruments RFID mini-transponders enable engineers to embed tags into smaller objects across a broader range of applications. The mini-transponders are durable enough for use in applications including tool, medical instrument, package and inventory tracking and safe enough for use in fish and livestock tracking and pet identification. The chips can work for up to 30 years. The TRPGR30TGC and TRPGP40TGC mini-transponders are can be ordered now. The devices are priced at USD $2.90 for 1k units.
The TRPGR30TGC and TRPGP40TGC half-duplex mini-transponders are ready-to-use and 100% backwards compatible with all of TI’s RFID software and readers (including power modules, control modules and micro readers). The TRPGP40TGC is programmable according to ISO 11784 / 11785 global livestock ID standards so designers can create compatible products that can be read by 134.2 kHz ISO-compliant receivers/infrastructure worldwide.
The new glass transponders feature TI’s HDX technology. The read range extends up to 20 inches (50 centimeters) and allows for easier tag spotting for fish tracking in fresh water and even in salt water environments where FDX technology completely fails. TI’s HDX technology has high resistance to noise through frequency-shift keying (FSK) modulation and consistent performance through parametric testing and electronic resonance tuning performed on each mini-transponder throughout the production cycle.
TI TRPGR30TGC and TRPGP40TGC Mini-Transponder Features
- Patented HDX Technology
- Patented transponder tuning provides stable and high read performance
- 80-bit UID (64-Bit ID, 16-Bit CRC) [TRPGR30TGC]
- 80-bit Customer-Configurable Transponder (CCT) Type [TRPGP40TGC]
- Insensitive to almost all nonmetallic materials
- Frequency: 134.2 kHz
- Transmission Principle: FSK, HDX
- Factory Programmed Read Only Number: 64-bit
- Anticollision: no
- Dimensions: 2.12mm x 12mm
- Read Time: 70ms
- Operating Temperature Range: -25° to 85° C
- Storage Temperature: -40° to 100° C
- Protection Class: Hermetically sealed
More info: Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI)