WonderMedia Technologies introduced the PRIZM WM8950 SoC. The PRIZM WM8950 features a 800MHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor, ARM Mali-400 3D graphics processor, built-in Fast Ethernet MAC, interface with Wi-Fi, and 3+G and Bluetooth. The WonderMedia PRIZM WM8950 platform is ideal for Smart TV, SmartStream for wireless display and multimedia streaming, networked projectors, digital signage, and thin clients. The WonderMedia PRIZM WM8950 chip is sampling now. Volume shipment is expected in the first quarter of 2012.
The WonderMedia PRIZM WM8950 SoC and software suite provides customers an easy migration path to a Cortex-A9 SoC and offers support for the latest Android 4.0 and Windows CE 7.0 operating systems. The next generation WonderMedia PRIZM platform is optimized for multimedia applications with its built-in NEON Media Engine, the latest hardware video decoding, encoding and processing. The WM8950 platform’s graphics processing capabilities allow for high display resolutions, which make it ideal to leverage the vast visual entertainment resources available on the Internet.
WonderMedia PRIZM WM8950 SoC Features
- 800MHz ARM Cortex-A9 core processor
- ARM Mali-400 3D graphics processor
- Multi-standard 1080p video decoding engine
- H.264 video encoding
- DDR3/LPDDR2 DRAM interface
- Multiple video interface including HDMI, LVDS and DVO
- Flexible networking and peripheral interface
- Advanced hardware security engine
- Android 4.0 and Windows CE 7.0 support
More info: WonderMedia Technologies