ARM rolled out Development Studio 5 (DS-5) Community Edition (CE). ARM DS-5 CE helps Android application developers create native software that can run up to four times faster than Java code. The reference software development toolkit is available now for download. The new edition is free for use by individuals and organizations with annual revenue of $100,000 or less, and up to 10 employees.
ARM Development Studio 5 Community Edition complements the standard SDK and NDK Android development kits. It helps developers achieve the performance and energy-efficiency advantages made possible when ARM native code is used in Android applications. DS-5 CE features an easy to use environment for debugging and optimizing C/C++ code. The tool enables developer to take full advantage of ARM processor technology using native code to deliver the performance and functionality that consumers demand.
ARM DS-5 CE toolkit features a tailored version of the ARM Streamline Performance Analyzer for use with compatible Android development platforms. Streamline captures detailed, system-wide performance statistics from a variety of sources. This helps developers to locate hotspots in their code and isolate potential causes. Platform builders can add support for Streamline by integrating an open source driver available from the Linaro website.
ARM DS-5 Community Edition Highlights
- Includes limited, but essential functionality from the premium DS-5 toolkit
- Helps solve common Android application developer pain points
- Offers an integrated graphical debugger for NDK-generated code
- Provides visibility of advanced processor information, including ARM NEON Single Instruction Multiple Data (SIMD) registers
- Enables development of Java and C/C++ code in the same Eclipse integrated development environment (IDE)
- Helps Android application developers create native software that can run up to four times faster than Java code
- Maximizes productivity and ease of use
- Includes a tailored version of the ARM Streamline Performance Analyzer
More info: ARM Development Studio 5 Community Edition