Synopsys has acquired nSys Design Systems Private Limited. The deal is structured as an acquisition of substantially all the assets and employees of nSys. Other details of the acquisition have not been disclosed. nSys is an independent provider of verification IP (VIP).
VIP provides functional models of on- and off-chip protocols that verification engineers use to test all of the interfaces on an SoC before manufacturing. It enables engineers to verify how an interface conforms to published standards and also allows designers to verify the interactions among various interfaces on an SoC.
nSys Acquisition Highlights
- nSys is a leading independent provider of verification IP (VIP)
- Synopsys is increasing its investment in VIP technology to address the growing SoC design and verification challenges
- Helps Synopsys accelerate and drive the next level of innovation in VIP technology
- Synopsys’s expanded VIP portfolio will cover all of the widely used interface protocols and many emerging titles
- Will offer a new protocol compliance test-suite product line
- Supported verification methodologies include VMM (verification methodology manual), OVM (open verification methodology) and UVM (universal verification methodology)
- Deal structured as an acquisition of substantially all the assets and employees of nSys