In-Stat expects the 3D TV set market to grow dramatically this year. According to their prediction, the 3D TV sets will grow by almost 500%. According to In-Stat’s research, 3D-Enabled TV Sets on the Rise Worldwide, 100% of all 40-inch and above DTV sets will eventually be 3D-enabled.
3D-Enabled TV Sets on the Rise Worldwide Report
- Over the next few years, a greater percentage of large-screen TV sets will ship with the 3D feature
- 100% of all 40″ and above DTV sets will eventually be 3D-enabled
- Households with 3D TV sets will eclipse 300 million in 2015
- In 2011 Europe will boast the most 3D TV unit shipments at just over 7 million
- By 2015 Asia/Pacific will have the largest share of 3D TV unit shipments at 32%
- 3D TV set market is poised to grow by almost 500% in 2011
The research includes an introduction to 3D technology, a worldwide five-year 3D TV set unit shipment forecast by region, and a forecast for the number of households in each region that will have a 3D TV set. Companies mentioned in the report include LG, Panasonic, Samsung, Sony, Toshiba, Hisense, Mitsubishi, Skyworth, Sharp, and Vizio. The price of the 21-page research report is $2,495 (US).
More info: 3D-Enabled TV Sets on the Rise Worldwide