In-Stat expects worldwide smartphone processor revenue will have a CAGR of almost 21% from 2009-2015. In the last ten years, smartphones and phones have created a multi-billion dollar business where one did not exist before. The next 10 years will not see changes quite as dramatic as those in the last ten years. However, the evolution of the handset will continue at a fast pace.
In-Stat Handset Components Research Findings
- Total handset semiconductor content will surpass $81 billion in 2015
- Pico projector revenue is forecast to grow at a rate of 163% over the forecast period
- Smartphones are expected to make up 45.3% of all handsets shipped in 2015
- Semiconductor revenue associated with accelerometers and/or gyros will exceed $300 million by 2014
- Worldwide smartphone processor revenue will have a CAGR of nearly 21% from 2009-2015
- Over 60 semiconductor companies worldwide produce semiconductor components for mobile phones
In-Stat’s research on Handset Components: Worldwide Trends and Forecasts (#IN1104754SI) covers the major components of a cellular phone (including smartphones), and includes a comprehensive listing of the component makers and a discussion of the market in each area. Each section contains a semiconductor 5-year revenue forecast. The price of the 37-page research report is $3,495 (US).