IHS is offering a webinar, titled How Big of a Threat to the Global Recovery and Key Industries is the Disaster in Japan and the Turmoil in the Middle East and North Africa? The online seminar will address concerns over possible economic ramifications of major crisis situations that are developing around the world. The IHS event will focus on the potential fallout from the political unrest in the Middle East and North Africa and the impact of the triple disaster in Japan. The webcast will take place Thursday, March 24, from 11 am to 12:30 pm (New York time).
IHS Webinar Topics
- Global and regional economics
- Country and sovereign risk
- Global power and oil production
- Automotive production and parts
- Electronic components and supply chain disruptions
- Global shipping
- Could the political unrest in the Middle East and North Africa spread to other key oil-producing countries?
- How badly has the triple disaster in Japan affected electricity power generation, shipping, and global supply chains?
- What will be the impact on global industries such as electronics and automotive?
- How will the Japanese disaster hurt growth in Asia and the rest of the world?
- Is the current spike in oil prices temporary, especially in light of the events in Japan?
- How much will consumers in key economies be squeezed by rising fuel prices and shortages resulting from supply chain disruptions?
- What will be the impact on inflation, especially in the emerging world?
- How will policy makers react to both events?