Wind River launched its Partner Validation Program for the aerospace and defense market segment with initial partners AdaCore, aicas, ALT Software, Atego, Esterel Technologies, Presagis and PrismTech. Partners in the program will provide their software solutions integrated and validated with the latest releases of Wind River’s industry leading operating systems, VxWorks and Wind River Linux. These partner software solutions are specifically developed for avionics, secure military communications, unmanned systems, and complex control systems.
“Performance, safety, and security cannot be compromised in aerospace and defense. By working with market-leading partners, we are committed to helping our customers solve critical business issues,” said Rob Hoffman, vice president and general manager, aerospace and defense, Wind River. “Through the Wind River Partner Validation Program, Wind River and its partners reduce software integration risk and enable customers to rapidly deliver projects that comply with the industry’s stringent safety standards RTCA DO-178B and EUROCAE ED-12B Level A, and its security standards Common Criteria EAL4 and EAL6+.”
The combined efforts from the Wind River Partner Validation Program will provide a steady stream of partner-validated and supported software reference platforms, allowing developers to focus on building high-value application and system capabilities, with the assurance of longevity and lifecycle support for their deployed platforms. Backed by Wind River’s global support infrastructure, these joint solutions help drive down risk for challenging and complex aerospace and defense programs.
Under the program, the following partners will integrate and validate their software with Wind River’s industry-leading embedded operating systems and tools:
- AdaCore: Commercial software solutions for Ada program development
- aicas: Java analysis and development tools and fully deterministic JamaicaVM for real-time and embedded systems
- ALT Software: Software solutions that enable 2D and 3D graphics in embedded computing system displays
- Atego: Design and development tools and services for modeling architectures, complex mission and safety-critical systems and software, along with Ada and Java development solutions
- Esterel Technologies: Model-based design and verification tools for critical embedded systems that typically require certification
- Presagis: Human Machine Interface (HMI) modeling tools and graphics drivers for embedded graphics development
- PrismTech: Middleware and tools for software defined radio and for software based communications
Wind River introduced the Wind River Partner Validation Program in May 2009, targeting the networking and telecommunications industry, and later extended the program to the industrial and medical segments. Wind River is building on its strategy to provide customers with pre-integrated platform solutions to maximize developer productivity and minimize time to market.
More information: Wind River Partner Validation Program for aerospace and defense
About Wind River
Wind River, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC), is a world leader in embedded and mobile software. Wind River has been pioneering computing inside embedded devices since 1981 and its technology is found in more than 500 million products. Wind River is headquartered in Alameda, Calif. with offices in more than 15 countries.