Throughout the last decade, electronic devices have become pervasive in almost every aspect of our lives, from work to communication to entertainment. These mobile devices improve productivity, increase access to information, connect us in ways we never thought possible and provide incredibly rich multimedia experiences. However, they still require users to act as the interface from the device to the world. But, that is about to change.
The combination of advanced sensors, new human-to-machine interface technologies, and the web for application development and real-time information, will enable next-generation devices to leap from being in our lives to being part of our lives and interacting with the world around us.
Please join TI and In-Stat for the final installment of our six part webinar series as we discuss the exciting possibilities created by next generation user interfaces, including:
- The evolution of the UI: Past, present and future
- Building the UI “from the ground up”
- Software and hardware innovations driving UI differentiation
- Intelligent sensors: What they look like today and tomorrow
- Future UI implementations and specific use cases of tomorrow
- The impact on how consumers view and use technology
- The implications for future mobile devices
The webinar will be hosted by Jim McGregor, chief technology strategist of In-Stat’s mobile Internet group. Joining Jim will be Fred Cohen from TI, Ludvig Linge from The Astonishing Tribe (TAT), and Andrew Hsu from Synaptics. The webinar will be webcast live at 11:00 AM CST on December 10, 2009, followed by a live question and answer session.