Moxa launches the ioLogik E1200 series of remote Ethernet I/Os, which come with 2 embedded Ethernet switch ports to enable a daisy-chain topology. This topology is an easy way to add more Ethernet devices into a network, or to connect each ioLogik in series to the next. Compared with the traditional star-based Ethernet network, the daisy-chain topology saves implementation costs such as switches, wiring, as well as labor costs; making the E1200 ideal for distributed data acquisition systems.
Moxa’s Active OPC Server, with its “active” communication technology, enables the ioLogik to be conveniently integrated to SCADA systems, and the user-definable Modbus address allows for the easy upgrading of existing systems.
Using Moxa’s free Active OPC Server, the ioLogik can use active (or “push”) communication with HMI/SCADA systems to provide instant I/O status reports by “Active Tags.” With these event-driven active tags, the I/O response time is 7 times faster than any other OPC Server and the network traffic is reduced by 80%.
To make it easier for users to upgrade their existing systems, the ioLogik E1200 offers excellent flexibility with user-definable Modbus/TCP addressing, and there is no need to painstakingly specify the Modbus addresses of the input and output channels. The ioLogik E1200 is compatible with all other Modbus/TCP devices.
- Built-in 2-port Ethernet switch for daisy-chain topology
- Multiple digital input/output/relay and analog input models available
- Free use of Moxa’s push-based Active OPC Server Lite software
- User-definable Modbus/TCP addressing
- MXIO programming library for Windows, WinCE VB/VC.NET, and Linux C APIs
- Web configuration with import/export functions
More info: Moxa