Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE:TXN) introduced a 15-W stereo, true filter-free, analog-input, Class-D audio amplifier. The device’s advanced electromagnetic interference (EMI) suppression technology eliminates the need for costly inductor-based output filters, reducing bill of materials (BOM) cost by as much as 50 percent. The TPA3110D2′s SpeakerGuard protection circuitry protects speakers from damage, helping to reduce end equipment customer returns and associated support costs. The device also features enhanced performance, making the TPA3110D2 an excellent choice for consumer audio applications, including HDTVs, media docking stations, digital radios and sound bars.
Key features and benefits of the TPA3110D2
- Filter-free advanced EMI suppression technology reduces bill of materials costs by as much as 50 percent, yet meets EMC performance specifications. Costly inductor-based output filters are replaced with low-cost ferrite bead filters, reducing board space
- SpeakerGuard technology includes an adjustable power limiter and DC protection circuitry on the audio inputs, preventing speakers from being overdriven or damaged by DC currents due to board component failure or defects on the audio input circuitry
- Ultra-low THD+N performance of < 0.1% THD+N over full power range at 1 kHz and advanced click-and-pop suppression circuitry enables outstanding audio performance and fidelity
- Flow-through pin-out facilitates hassle-free layout and optimizes thermal performance with high-voltage pins on one side and input and control pins on the other
- Differential inputs enables excellent common mode noise rejection and high-fidelity audio
Availability and pricing
The TPA3110D2 is available now in a 28-pin TSSOP package and is priced at $1.45 in quantities of 1,000. Additional members of the TPA311xDx family support multiple configurations to maximize design flexibility. The TPA3111D1 and TPA3112D1 are 10-W and 25-W mono amplifiers priced at $0.90 and $1.15 respectively. The TPA3113D2 is a 6-W stereo amplifier and is priced at $0.85. The TPA3111D1, TPA3112D1 and TPA3113D2 will be available in late 3Q 2009.
More info about the TPA3110D2