Ethernet Direct Corporation, a professional and primary provider of industrial networking and communication solutions, announces Falcon FWI-714W which is cited as the World’s First Industrial 5.9GHz WiMAX Wireless System. This product offers the state-of-the art technology in the Industrial Wireless arena as well as highlighting Ethernet Direct’s speed in product innovation by combining the latest wireless trends and superior product technology.
WiMAX refers to Worldwide Inter-operability for Microwave Access which has become a trend nowadays in the telecommunications technology. WiMAX provides wireless transmission of data using a variety of transmission modes, from point-to-multipoint links to portable and fully mobile internet access up to 72 Mbit/s symmetric broadband speed without the need for cables. The technology is based on the IEEE 802.16 standard and Ethernet Direct offers the 802.16d standard.
FWI-714W operates in 5 GHz ISM band with no licensing fee required in most countries. Housed in IP67 weatherproof enclosure, FWI-714W offers Non Line of Sight (NLOS) coverage, high spectral efficiency, adaptive modulations allowing robust RF network design and deployment. FWI-714W comes with scalable design delivers a true broadband solution of up to 200 Mbps and servers up to 2,400 users per cell.
- Compliant with IEEE 802.16-2004 standard
- Can be adjusted automatically in unlicensed wireless environment with dynamic frequency selection (DFS) and transmit power control (TPC)
- Rich built-in networking features provide cost-effective solution
- Efficient bandwidth allocation makes wireless networks highly scalable
- Fully antenna integrated design with optional external antenna connector in a IP67 weatherproof enclosure
- Provide greater spectral efficiency of 3.6 Mbps/channel than Wi-Fi product 2.7 Mbps/channel
- Wireless setting – Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multi-Point
- Web-based configuration via popular browser (MS IE, Netscape…)
- Wireless access control by MAC and IP address
- Supports SNMP v1/v2c
- Extended Operating temperature of -40 to 70 deg C
- Network Management System supports Windows 2000/XP.Vista Home BASIC
Ethernet Direct has deployed many Wireless applications with Falcon Industrial Wireless LAN series.
About Ethernet Direct Corporation
Ethernet Direct brings a control system engineering perspective to networking technology. The principals of Ethernet Direct come from process-control and PLC system backgrounds. The Global Ethernet Direct team covers operations from Product know-how, design implementation, quality assurance, manufacturing, logistics, sales, marketing & technical support. We are well-positioned to fulfill customers’ needs and markets’ demands by providing a great variety of tailor-made products and services. When you work with us, you will experience confidence and dependability. By choosing Ethernet Direct, you have chosen excellence & long-term commitment.