Moxa has released a product that combines an industrial device server with a full-function managed Ethernet switch: the NPort® S8455I-MM-SC integrates 2 fiber ports, 3 ports, and 4 RS-232/422/485 serial ports. It is a space saver that can by its nature reduce overall power consumption and costs. NPort® S8455I-MM-SC supports the complete array of Moxa´s NPort 5000 series device server functions. It can network existing serial devices by connecting up to 4 serial devices through each of the 5 Ethernet ports, with only basic configuration required. Data transmission between the serial and Ethernet interfaces is bidirectional.
NPort® S8455I-MM-SC has a built-in full-function managed Ethernet switch that supports QoS, IGMP-snooping/GMRP, VLAN, Port Trunking, SNMPv1/v2c/v3, and IEEE 802.1X, allowing to handle virtually any kind of application. Ethernet redundancy, which is used to increase the reliability and availability of industrial Ethernet networks, is provided by Moxa’s TurboRing technology (recovery time < 20 ms) or RSTP/STP (IEEE 802.1w/D).
- 4-port RS-232/422/RS-485 serial device server
- Serial QoS for configuring serial data transmission priority
- 2 KV (DC) isolation protection for each serial port
- Adjustable pull high/low resistor for RS-485 ports
- 5-port managed Ethernet switch built in
- Two fiber Ethernet ports and three Ethernet ports
- Ethernet redundancy with Turbo Ring® (recovery time < 20 ms) or RSTP/STP (IEEE 802.1w/D) supported
- QoS, IGMP-snooping/GMRP, VLAN, LACP, SNMPv1/v2c/v3, RMON supported
- Surge protection for serial, power, and Ethernet
More info: Moxa Europe GmbH