ArcSoft, Inc., a leading provider of innovative mobile multimedia technologies and applications, announced the launch of ArcSoft PowerMobia[tm] for Android, the software-based multimedia turn-key solution, on the Android platform. Google developed Android, the first complete, open sourced, and free mobile platform. Based on Google’s Android Software Development Kit (SDK), ArcSoft launched PowerMobia for Android, a software solution for all multimedia needs of Android device manufacturers.
PowerMobia for Android includes a set of applications and software libraries optimized for the Android platform, including Camera with advanced capture technologies, Media Gallery with social network connectivity, Photo Workshop to edit photos, Video Player and PC Converter to convert and playback media files, Streaming Video Player to playback online content, Video Editor, and more.
“The performance of PowerMobia for Android is highly competitive and it provides plus-one features on the default platform,” said David Cao, ArcSoft’s VP and General Manager of Mobile Group. “It helps mobile phone manufacturers design their products while shortening development time by providing both fundamental and advanced functions.”
ArcSoft PowerMobia for Android highlights:
- Powerful multimedia software components conforming with OpenMax standard
- Multimedia (audio/video/image) codecs that deliver significantly higher performance and more features than the default ones provided by Android
- Audio/video/image pre and post processors & special effects
- Advanced capture technologies: Perfect Portrait, Dynamic lighting, Panorama and Face Beautifier
- End-to-end applications: Camera, Media Gallery, Photo Workshop, Video Editor, Local and Streaming Media Player
- Comes equipped with ArcSoft PowerMobia[tm] UI Engine for 2D/3D UI effects & animations
Stop by and experience these technologies February 16-19, 2009 at the GSMA Mobile World Congress 2009, at Fira de Barcelona in Barcelona, Spain, Hall 1, booth 1G39 in Barcelona, Spain. For more information on the GSMA Mobile World Congress visit www.mobileworldcongress.com
ArcSoft, Inc. is an industry leading software developer of multimedia technologies and applications across desktop and embedded platforms. Working closely with major OEM manufacturers, ArcSoft offers a full line of imaging and video solutions that enhance the features, performance, and user experience of mobile phones, digital cameras, optical drives, personal computers, and consumer electronics devices.
ArcSoft and the ArcSoft logo are registered trademarks of ArcSoft, Inc. ArcSoft TotalMedia is a trademark of ArcSoft, Inc.