Mistral Solutions, announced the availability of the Smartvue® product line, a compact, cost effective surveillance system based on the 802.11n WLAN technology, in India. The camera and NVR were engineered by Mistral for Smartvue® and Mistral has signed an exclusive distribution agreement with Smartvue® to make the product available in India and Sri Lanka. The surveillance solution includes wireless and wired IP cameras, network video recorders (NVR), and a peer to peer server application – Insightserver2; all designed to work in a plug-n-play manner, and available as an affordable package.
The wireless IP Camera of the Mistral Smartvue® system provides high-quality video using megapixel sensors and also supports two-way audio communications. It uses a combination of the latest 802.11n wireless standard and advanced transcoding, to transfer the recorded video and audio streams to viewers, through the NVR.
Each NVR can support a maximum of 20 cameras; and can store up to a month’s video/audio; the highest in the industry. It can also be connected to external storage devices like JBOD, NAS, SAN, using its eSATA3 or Gigabit Ethernet connectors; ensuring almost limitless storage to users with high-capacity needs. The NVR provides a web-based user interface for configuring the camera network and viewing the recorded/live video.
Video management is provided through the InsightServer2; a carrier grade peer-to-peer server, that provides remote access to cameras across multiple NVRs spread across the world. It facilitates the management of millions of users, cameras, and network video recorders from a single interface.
- Easy Installation – The patented plug-n-play design of the Mistral Smartvue® system with self configuring video networking; ensures that almost anyone can install it. None of the networked surveillance solutions currently available in the market; provide this ease of set-up.
- 802.11n Wireless Connectivity – The Mistral Smartvue® IP surveillance solution is based on the latest 802.11n WLAN technology offering higher throughput and longer range; as compared to 802.11b/g standards.
- Compact Size – The IP camera offers a patented and award winning design small enough to fit in the palm of a hand; and can be fit easily in places where other cameras cannot be placed.
- Megapixel Sensor – The camera uses powerful 2 megapixel sensor to capture exceptionally detailed video images, 6 times the detail of a VGA camera. It also supports an automatic low light mode for 1.0 lux night-time performance.
- Media Formats Supported – The solution supports H.264, MPEG4, JPEG and G.711 formats. H.264 video compression allows the solution to use close to 5 times less bandwidth than most other network cameras; thus facilitating savings in bandwidth and storage space.
- Enhanced Storage – Standard with 1Terabyte storage, the NVR offers the highest storage capacity, for similar featured devices, in the industry.
- Integrated 2-Way Audio – Featuring a built-in two-way audio including a mic and speaker with a carrier grade VOIP server, the IP camera facilitates two-way communication with remotely located users.
- Alerts to Internet enabled devices – The Mistral Smartvue® system can send audio and video alerts via email and SMS to any internet enabled device like, iPhone, gPhone, WAP Cell Phone.
The Mistral Smartvue® solution can scale from a small set-up, consisting of two camera/single NVR, to multi-location/multiple-NVR solutions. The solution is optimized for almost any multi-location surveillance with peer-to-peer remote server that enables support for management of one to million locations from a single website. It is an ideal video surveillance solution for Government, Defense, Industries, Education and Research, Commercial Establishments, Corporate, Hospitality, Retail and Residences.
Availability and Pricing
The cost of a Mistral Smartvue® solution can range from Rs.2 Lakhs, for a simple setup of a couple of cameras and an NVR; to several crores for large multi-location installations. The solution will be available in India in the first quarter of 2009. The Mistral Smartvue® product line will be sold in India through a distribution channel, which is in the process of being established.
Mistral is an ISO 9001:2000 certified and CMMi Level 3 appraised premier product realization Company providing end-to-end services for product design and development in the embedded space. Mistral offers expert design and development services covering hardware and software, customizable product designs and IP’s, System Integration and COTS Solutions that improve quality and accelerate time-to-market for a broad range of embedded systems. Mistral has forged successful partnerships with leading providers of embedded solutions, which has enabled us to provide our clients with the finest technology solutions based on the world’s best platforms.
Smartvue® Corporation creates the world’s most simple and elegant network video solutions. Its technologies are used by some of the largest corporations and most prestigious organizations worldwide and are backed by more than 20 published patents. The company has been honored with Best of Show and Innovations awards at CES, as well as highlighted on the Discovery Channel, Forbes and in Wired Magazine. Smartvue® was founded in 1998 and is headquartered in USA.