JTAG Technologies’ groundbreaking advance in the boundary-scan tool space continues apace with the latest releases of its development and hardware debug tools JTAG ProVision and JTAG Visualizer. Recognised as the leading development tool for all boundary-scan applications, ProVision combines advanced automation with the level of control and precision that engineers demand when creating test programs and in-system programming (ISP) routines for PLDs and flash memories. JTAG Visualizer on the other hand allows users to view JTAG-oriented files (such as fault reports) superimposed onto the schematic or layout of the PCB under test, and hence provides an invaluable aid to diagnosing manufacturing process faults.
Enhancements to ProVision include:
- ActiveTest, an interactive cluster test generator.
- Buffer and multiplexer support in memory testing, making this boundary-scan application even more useful and comprehensive.
- Password control for the integrated sequencing capability of ProVision, so now users with different credential levels can use the built-in application execution features.
- The ProVision model library has been expanded and now contains models for more than 4,650 non-boundary-scan device families, covering more than 28,500 different devices.
Enhancements to JTAG Visualizer include:
- Flip and rotate views in JTAG Visualizer, allowing the user to ‘see’ the board in different orientations. For example, flipping it over to see the reverse side or rotating it for clarity.
- Worldview, a JTAG Visualizer window that shows the lay-out or schematic at a small scale. Zooming in on the drawing indicates which part of the board or schematic is being displayed in the “normal view”. You can also drag the Worldview window to view other portions of the board or schematic.
James Stanbridge, JTAG Technologies’ Sales Manager UK, comments: “The enhancements to both ProVision and Visualizer represent considerable value-added to the user; and once again lowers the usage threshold for boundary-scan. What’s more, the majority of the new features are at the direct request of our customers and have been incorporated quickly, as we pride ourselves on our ability to respond promptly to deliver software enhancements needed to improve engineering and manufacturing productivity.”
As with previous releases, JTAG ProVision remains fully compatible with the prior “Classic” development tools as well as with all of JTAG Technologies’ production systems. In addition, the latest versions of JTAG ProVision and JTAG Visualizer are available free of charge to customers with valid maintenance contracts.
About JTAG Technologies
JTAG Technologies is a market leader and technology innovator of boundary-scan software and hardware products and services. The company was the first to bring to the market such important advances as automated test generation, automated fault coverage analysis, automated flash and PLD programming via boundary-scan, and visualized boundary-scan analysis. Its customers include world leaders in electronics design and manufacturing such as Ericsson, Flextronics, Honeywell, Medtronic, Motorola, Nokia, Philips, Raytheon, Rockwell-Collins, Samsung, and Sony. Its innovative boundary-scan products provide test preparation, test execution, test result analysis and in-system programming applications. With an installed base of over 5,500 systems worldwide, JTAG Technologies serves the communications, medical electronics, avionics, defence, automotive, and consumer industries with offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia. JTAG Technologies headquarters are located in Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
JTAG and JTAG Technologies are registered trademarks of JTAG Technologies, Inc.