DSPCon, Inc., a leading, global supplier of dynamic data acquisition, analysis, archiving and recording solutions for high-value military, aerospace and rotating machinery applications, has recently launched the DataFlex-1000A, a portable, high-speed data recorder that combines real-time performance, remote capabilities and complete compatibility with any commercially-available laptop or PC.
Capable of supporting 16 to thousands of channels, the new DataFlex-1000A can be utilized as a high-performance, stand-alone data recorder/replay unit; a virtual lab instrument; or a full-function, real-time data analyzer when integrated with DSPCon’s optional MultiScope[TM] graphic visualization software. It features an analog bandwidth capacity of 97.2 kHz per channel with anti-alias filtering and no degradation of bandwidth, regardless of channel count, to accommodate a wide variety of telemetry, voice and video storage applications. In addition, the system utilizes dual, “hot-swappable”, industry-standard disks, tape drives or solid-state memory storage devices to deliver easy, flexible, high-capacity data recording in a variety of media.
“We’re very excited to be able to offer our customers this latest addition to our performance-proven DataFlex family of portable data recorders,” said Al Brower, president and chief executive officer of DSPCon, Inc. “This new addition, with its unique remote capabilities and redesigned interface, provides an attractive alternative to our touch-screen based recorders and makes our data recording portfolio one of the most comprehensive in the industry.”
DSPCon is currently accepting DataFlex-1000A orders for Q2 2009 delivery.
- Simple local or remote system set-up/control/status
- Flexible signal inputs/outputs including IRIG-B, analog monitor channel and audio annotation. 10 MHz reference input
- Produces and accepts a variety of data formats including CATS, DATX, UFF-58, and others
- Optional graphical replay tool provided for digital replay and flexible analysis of data
- Works with any laptop or PC
- Variety of configuration options
- Rugged, flight-capable design. Bays accommodate optional solid-state memory devices of up to 128 Gbytes each for high vibration environments. Up to 5.4 hours of continuous recording if two devices are utilized
- High capacity, flexible storage options (dual 750 Gbyte hard disk drives or optional dual LTO-3 400 Gbyte tapes or solid-state memory storage devices up to 128 Gbytes each) significantly reduce recurring storage costs
- Infinite, lossless recording capability with unique, “change-on-the-fly”, “hot -swappable” digital media functionality improves operational efficiency through reduced number of tape transfers
Specifications Highlights (Standard, 16-channel, analog base unit):
- Sampling Frequency: Adjustable 1 Hz to 216 KHz, selectable
- Bandwidth: Up to 97.2 kHz per channel (across all channels), 24 bits, optionally rounded to 16 bits
- Channels: Standard 16 or 32 channel base unit, infinitely expandable in 16 or 32 channel increments to produce large channel count synchronously sampled systems
- Storage Media: Dual “hot swappable”, front-mounted 750 Gbyte hard disk drives or optional dual LTO-3 400 Gbyte tape units or solid state memory storage devices up to 128 Gbytes each
- Input Quantization: 24 bits optionally rounded to 16
- Input Impedance: 1 mega-ohm
- Input Range: +/-0.1 to +/-10 volts in 1, 2 & 5 steps
- Coupling: AC/DC
- DC Offset: +/- 100% in 1% steps
- IEPE Excitation: 3-21 mA
- Dynamic Range: >88 dB (measured at input > +/-1 volt)
- Output Impedance: 50 Ohm
- Output Level: +/-10 volts in .01 volt steps
- Total Harmonic Distortion: < -84 dB (Input to Output)
New Jersey-based DSPCon is a leading systems integrator and full-service solution provider of high-bandwidth, high-performance data acquisition, analysis and archiving systems for governmental agencies and commercial enterprises in the military, defense, aerospace, avionics, machinery, manufacturing and telecommunications industries. Certified to ISO9001:2000 quality standards, DSPCon solutions empower organizations to streamline test and development cycles and improve operational and production efficiencies by slashing the time between data acquisition and processed analytical results. Today, DSPCon products and services support a wide variety of mission-critical signal processing applications including acoustic, vibration, shock and rotating machinery analysis; sonar and radar processing; digital data recording and jet engine testing. With hundreds of deployed solutions and over a decade and a half of experience in digital signal processing, systems integration and software development, DSPCon continues to be at the forefront in meeting the unique data acquisition needs of world-class organizations such as Pratt & Whitney, Honeywell and General Dynamics.
DSPCon, MultiScope, DataFlex-1000 and DataFlex-1000A are trademarks of DSPCon, Inc.