MatrikonOPCTM is proud to announce the release of a new eLearning program that offers automation professionals a convenient way to learn about OPC. Learning OPC has never been easier, or more economical. The first available module, “Introduction to OPC”, introduces students to the basics of OPC including the most common version, OPC Data Access. Using a combination of interactive PowerPoint slides with voice-overs, demonstrative videos, and knowledge affirming quizzes; this module engages students on multiple levels. MatrikonOPC eLearning requires no travel and no time away from the workplace.
The “Introduction to OPC” eLearning module teaches:
- The advantages of using OPC over traditional communication methods
- Understanding the OPC Client/Server architecture
- Reviewing the milestones in the history of OPC
- Understanding how to create a connection between an OPC Client and an OPC Server
- Recognizing what factors can affect OPC communication
- Learning the various communication types between OPC Clients and Servers
- Reviewing the most widely implemented OPC specification: OPC DA
- Identifying the importance of timestamps and qualities in OPC DA
To learn more about MatrikonOPC eLearning, please navigate to: www.matrikonopc.com/training/elearning/
About MatrikonOPC (a division of Matrikon Inc. [TSX:MTK])
With a collection of more than 500 OPC products and over 100,000 installations worldwide, MatrikonOPC is the world’s largest OPC company. MatrikonTM is a charter member of the OPC Foundation, and has demonstrated a commitment to developing OPC as the industrial connectivity standard. A wide range of global companies rely on MatrikonOPC products for their connectivity in industries such as: discrete manufacturing, process control, building automation, alternative energy production, commercial and military applications. With clients and installs throughout North America, Australia, Europe and the Middle East, the reach of MatrikonOPC Connectivity is truly global.
Matrikon and MatrikonOPC are trademarks or registered trademarks of Matrikon Inc.