Radicom Research, Inc., a leading designer and manufacturer of dial-up and wireless modems for Commercial and Industrial Systems, has announced a complete family of external and embedded modems specifically designed to meet the stringent requirements for the Medical Services Industry. These very small and versatile modems are available in both Serial TTL and the popular USB interfaces, capable of operating under Windows, Linux or Mac environments. The Radicom Research Medical Modem[tm] family is Safety, Emissions, and Telco compliant to meet most medical device requirements.
As well as compliance with IEC60601-1 for medical applications, 3KV breakdown is also available in both the USB and Serial versions. The certifications are transferable to allow easy integration into almost any platform.
All Medical Modem versions are CCITT and Bell compliant for complete compatibility to existing and future installations. The family is also compliant to domestic and international Telco standards. Versions include 300bps (V.21/Bell103), 1200/2400bps (Bell212/V.22/V.22bis), 14.4kbps (V.32bis), 33.6kbps (V.34) and 56kbps (V.90/V.92).
All platforms are available with FAX, voice playback and record, as well as DTMF (SP) tone generation and detection. These versatile products can be provisioned for applications ranging from system monitoring and reporting to answering inbound calls with voice responses.
Available in commercial and industrial temperature ranges, all versions are RoHS Compliant.
Summary of Features:
- Medical IEC60601-1, IEC60601-1-2 certified
- 3KV dielectric withstanding voltage on select models
- Works with Linux, Windows and Mac OS
- RoHS complaint
- Fax / voice playback and recording
- Hot swappable USB 1.1, 2.0 interface (USB models)
- Low power consumption from USB, not line current
- AT command set support
- Microsoft CDC compliant
- Linux CDC-ACM compliant
- Supports V.92 analog data
- Supports V.44 data compression
- Supports remote telephone answering machines (TAM)
- Up to 56 kbps data speeds downstream
- Generates and detects DTMF tones in voice mode
- Line-in use, remote hang-up, extension pick-up detection
- Automatic format and speed sensing
- Caller ID type I and II for select countries
- Line-in-use and connection detection features allow the modem to share a phone line with other equipment, eliminating the cost of a dedicated phone line, allowing field personnel to check status and receive reports on remote facilities and respond to abnormal conditions immediately.
- Agency approvals: Transferable FCC68, FCC15B, CS03 and CTR21 certifications. IEC60950-1, IEC60601-1, c/UL60950-1 approved with CE Marking.
Its small size, low power consumption, compliance with international standards, medical IEC60601 compliance, makes Radicom’s Medical Modems suitable for X86 or other CPU based Healthcare Home Monitoring Systems, Data Retrieval Devices using either Linux or Windows O/S that need to have reliable dial-up connectivity.
Pricing and Availability
Radicom Research’s USB Dongle Modem is available now. Prices begin at US$69.00 each. OEM private labeling is available.
About Radicom Research, Inc.
Founded in 1993, Radicom Research is committed to developing reliable, high quality, simple to implement dial-up and wireless modems, competitively priced for OEMs, designers, PC and industrial computer manufacturers. Headquartered in San Jose, California, with offshore manufacturing capabilities. Radicom is highly responsive to its OEM clients. Radicom application engineers are always ready to adapt its award-winning hardware modems to meet specific application requirements. Radicom works with it clients to ensure that their data communications systems are successfully integrated at the lowest cost with the highest capability. Its R&D efforts are focused on raising performance standards for small footprint data-communication components embedded in applications across a wide spectrum of industries. Radicom leads with the shortest design-to-delivery time in the industry. OEMs and designers are invited to contact Radicom Research for consultation on modems for their systems applications. Phone: 1-408-383-9006, ext. 112; Fax: 1-408-383-9007; Email: email@example.com.