For the first time, developers of signal processing applications can access the power of a DaVinci[tm] technology accelerator with the new, royalty-free Video/imaging co-processor (VICP) Signal Processing Library available from Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN). The VICP Library allows customers to open the VICP accelerator on the TMS320DM6446, TMS320DM6441, TMS320DM647 and TMS320DM648 digital media processors based on DaVinci[tm] technology, helping them improve system performance and speed time-to-market.
The VICP Library aids developers in maximizing performance of these four digital media processors with ready-to-use signal processing algorithms for matrix/array operations, digital signal processing and video/image processing. The library has been fully tested to achieve maximum efficiency on the VICP, which helps offload TI’s industry-leading TMS320C64x+[tm] digital signal processor (DSP) core. This allows customers to utilize the increased DSP headroom to better differentiate their products by implementing custom algorithms or adding more advanced features in applications such as image processing, feature extraction, automotive safety application, and security and analytics systems.
VICP library key features
- Ready-to-use signal processing algorithms for matrix/array operations, digital signal processing and video/image processing
- Includes C equivalent implementation of all the application programming interfaces
- Algorithms are fully-tested for correctness and efficiency
VICP library key benefits
- Extends application performance and flexibility
- Speeds time-to-market
- Offloads DSP, extra MIPS can be used for differentiation
- Lowers development cost
- Available now
VICP Library supports various operations to enable additional DSP resources, including:
- Matrix/array operations such as: matrix multiplication/transpose, array multiplication/addition and array scalar operations
- Digital signal processing operations such as one dimensional/two dimensional finite impulse response filter, filtering, convolution and correlation
- Digital imaging and video processing functions such as alpha blending, color space conversion, image rotation, image pack/unpack and median filtering
Availability, tools and support
VICP Library is available now directly from TI and is royalty-free. To obtain access to the library, please visit www.ti.com/vicppr to receive the library and User’s Guide. Customers can immediately begin evaluation on TI’s Digital Video Evaluation Modules for DaVinci[tm] technology or proprietary boards.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through manufacturing, design and sales operations in more than 25 countries.
TMS320C64x+ and DaVinci are trademarks of Texas Instruments.