Strategic Test Corp. has announced two new 50 MS/s 14-bit digitizer cards for PCI Express. The UF2e-4032 has 4 analog inputs and the UF2e-4031 has 2 input channels. Unique features include the options for dual-timebase sampling, synchronous digital inputs, asynchronous digital I/O and the possibility to synchronize hundreds of channels.
“The requirements for signal digitizing continually expands, requiring new levels of features and performance,” commented Bob Giblett, president Strategic Test. “These latest boards are a testament to our commitment to satisfy those market demands.”
Key specifications include:
- 128 mega samples memory — expandable to 2 giga samples
- Continuous streaming to host PC > 120 mega samples/s
- Effective Number of Bits > 11.4 bits
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio > 70.5 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion < -73.0 dB
- The standard -3dB bandwidth is > 25 MHz
Each channel has its own 50 MHz ADC for true simultaneous sampling, together with six voltage ranges from ±200 mV to ±10 V, a programmable offset of 200% and input impedances of 50 Ohm or 1 MOhm, allowing each channel to be individually configured for the signal source.
Like all UltraFast boards, the UF2e-403x scope cards can be customized with hardware options to best match the application:
- Onboard memory: 128, 256, 512, 1024 or 2048 mega samples
- Multiple Recording: memory segmentation
- Gated Sampling: output clock controlled by external TTL signal
- TimeBase: records time of trigger events or Gates
- ABA Mode: slow-fast-slow recording on trigger
- Star Hub: synchronization of up to 5 or 16 boards, or 5 to 16 PC’s to a maximum or 271 boards. Can be used with Digitizer, AWG and Digital I/O boards to create mixed-mode systems
- Digital Inputs: adds 8 synchronous digital inputs
- BaseXIO: adds 8 asynchronous digital I/O lines
Drivers and programming examples for Microsoft Windows Vista, XP64, XP and Linux (RedHat, Fedora, SuSe, Sarge) are supplied with the card, as well as the SBench 5.3 oscilloscope program. SDK’s for MATLAB, LabVIEW, Agilent-VEE, DASYLab and LabWindows/CVI are available as options.
The 4 channel card is priced at $7399 and the 2 channel card is $4899 with volume/OEM discounts available.
About Strategic Test
Strategic Test is a world leading supplier of PC instrument boards and has offices in the USA and Europe. The company’s clients include global electronics, semiconductor, defense, telecommunications and medical instrument companies, government funded research labs and universities on five continents. The first high-speed measurement board for PCs was designed in 1989. Today the product range consists of more than 200 Oscilloscope/ Digitizer, Arbitrary Waveform Generator, high-speed Digital I/O and Digital Pattern Generator boards in the industry standard PCI Express, PCI, 3U PXI and 6U CompactPCI formats. Each product can be individually configured from a choice of more than eight hardware options designed to address the needs of specific applications. Software Development Kits are available for Microsoft Windows (Vista, XP64, XP, 2000, NT), Linux (Redhat, Debian, Suse, Fedora, Sarge), LabVIEW, MATLAB, LabWindows/CVI, DASYLab, Agilent-VEE and Excel. All products are supplied with two year hardware warranty and lifetime technical support and software updates.