Mentor Graphics Corporation (NASDAQ:MENT) announced details of the 7th Integrated Electrical Solutions Forum (IESF 2008) for the automotive industry. This year’s event is being held at the Hyatt hotel, Dearborn, Michigan, on Tuesday, December 9th, 2008. Over the last few years IESF has become a key event for anyone involved in automotive electrical systems design, electrical analysis and simulation, wire harness engineering or vehicle network design and test. It is also the only event that has a full track dedicated to wiring design and engineering issues in the automotive industry. This year the event has been expanded to include additional tracks for commercial vehicles and off-highway topics, distributed embedded systems and PCB design.
A full program of 42 different presentations, six tracks of specialist topics, an industry panel, solutions expo, and networking events offers managers and engineers the opportunity to explore issues, examine solutions, and network with peers. Following the keynote address “Changing the Landscape of Vehicle EE Design” by Dr. Walden C. Rhines, Mentor Graphics chairman and chief executive officer, the agenda highlights include:
- Managing Electrical Complexity by Thomas Blankinship, Vice President EDS Engineering, Yazaki North America
- Trends in the Automotive & Commercial Vehicle Industry – The ECAD, MCAD, EDA, PLM Perspective by Brett Hillhouse, IBM
- 2008 Electrical & Electronics Industry Trends and Observations by Paul Hansen, The Hansen Report
- Building and Sustaining a Lean Culture in EE Design Teams by Michael Hoseus, Executive Director for the Center for Quality People & Organizations (CQPO) and President of Lean Culture Enterprises. Mike is also co-author of the bestselling book The Toyota Culture
- Trends in Automotive E/E Systems Modeling and Analysis – Dr. Asaad Makki, E/E CAE Core Supervisor, EESE – E/E CAE Department, Ford Motor Company
- Challenges in Wire Harness Engineering – Dan Boileau, Chief Engineer, New Product Development, Alcoa
- Standardizing Electrical Design Practices across the Organization – James C. Miller, Senior Standards Engineering, John Deere
- Electrical Systems Design Challenges and Trends in the Off-Highway Industry – Sam S. Guron, Manager, Harness Center of Excellence, Caterpillar
Other guest speakers include representatives from Atmel, AM General, TRW Automotive and Mentor Graphics.
“Having attended IESF for the past few years, I have found it to be a very worthwhile event and a good use of my time. The presentations are of the highest standards, informative and thought provoking. I particularly find the events around the main agenda very useful, especially the breakout tracks and solutions expo,” said IESF 2007 attendee Kelly Olsen from AM General.
Attendance at IESF events is free to anyone from an automotive, commercial vehicle or off-highway OEM or supplier. To register and for more information, plus the latest agenda, please visit www.mentor.com/go/iesf.
About Mentor Graphics
Mentor Graphics Corporation (NASDAQ:MENT) is a world leader in electronic hardware and software design solutions, providing products, consulting services and award-winning support for the world’s most successful electronics and semiconductor companies. Established in 1981, the company reported revenues over the last 12 months of about $850 million and employs approximately 4,500 people worldwide. Corporate headquarters are located at 8005 S.W. Boeckman Road, Wilsonville, Oregon, 97070-7777.
Mentor Graphics is a registered trademark.