The universal, standalone in-system programmer specifically designed for the production environment (FlashRunner) now features expanded data encryption capabilities that extend the previously released security features and allows for secure programming outsurcing. With this software update, freely available for all users who purchased the FlashRunner security pack, binary files and other data can now be encrypted before being sent over a public communication line. The new encryption capabilities allow the programming engineer, for example, to safely send password-encrypted data (binary files, projects, etc.) to remote FlashRunenr units via public channels (e.g. as e-mail attachment or directly through a TCP/IP connection). Upon reception, the encrypted files can be copied to the FlashRunner’s SD card. FlashRunner will then internally and automatically decrypt their contents.
With the FlashRunner Data Protection System:
- Binary image files can be safely exchanged through public communication channels
- Binary image files cannot be read/modified by unauthorized people
- The production operator cannot alter the programming cycle as set up by the production engineer
The Data Protection System works by encrypting the FlashRunner SD card with an administrator password; without the administrator password, FlashRunner usage is limited, allowing the production personnel to only execute a pre-set programming flow, without being able to read, copy or modify the binary code. In a typical scenario, the production engineer sets up a FlashRunner SD card, by copying there the binary code to be programmed together with the desired programming flow. The SD card is then encrypted and handed to the production facility.
FlashRunner is a high-performance, standalone in-system programmer specific for Flash-based microcontrollers and serial memories. FlashRunner is targeted at production environments, easily integrates into your programming system or Automatic Test Equipment (ATE), and can work either in full standalone mode or controlled by a host system.
FlashRunner features state-of-the-art electronics to provide you with high integration flexibility in a compact footprint. The following are FlashRunner’s main features:
- Fastest programming algorithms (as fast as target device’s memory technology limit), approved by silicon manufacturers
- Easy ATE integration
- Standalone operations (projects and code images stored on a memory card)
- Also controllable by any host system via RS-232 or Ethernet
- Flexible, fully configurable
- Compact and robust design for production environments (optoisolated control signals)
- Data integrity guaranteed (every data transfer to/from the host system
- Secure Digital card is CRC tagged)
Supports most ISP protocols (BDM, JTAG, SPI, I2C, MON, ICC, SCI, etc.)
Moreover, FlashRunner’s open architecture makes its firmware easily upgradable to support both new devices and new features.
About SMH Technologies
SMH Technologies is a global, independent, high-tech company, leader in Silicon Device In-System Programming and services for the Manufacturing Industry. The company’s patented FlashRunner technology is widely used by OEM/ODM/EMS and kept-up worldwide by SSA, the SofTec Support Alliance network. Major Silicon Device Manufacturers and ATE Producers trust SMH Technologies and FlashRunner technology.