Data Translation announces the latest addition to its line of high performance, multifunction USB data acquisition boards for OEM’s. The DT9818 is aimed at embedded applications rather than the more common USB approach of connecting externally to the PC. Importantly, users do not need an external power supply since the module runs completely on USB power while at the same time offering ±500V galvanic isolation, a critical feature for industrial embedded systems.
This embedded board offers all the features of a high performance data acquisition module without any limitations. The DT9818 board provides 8 or 16 analog inputs, 2 analog outputs, 16 digital I/O lines, 2 counter timers and allows simultaneous operation of all subsystems at throughput rates up to 150kHz. This board-only OEM version allows the user to embed data acquisition capability directly into their USB system. Many software choices are available for application development from ready-to-measure programs like Measurement Applets and quickDAQ, to full graphical programming with Measure Foundry rapid application development builder.
“More and more, USB is being used not just for stand-alone plug-and-play data acquisition but also in system configurations as well,” said Fred Molinari, President and CEO. “The DT9818 multifunction board provides the customer with a high performance solution to their USB data acquisition system needs.”
Key Design Features of the DT9818:
- Ultimate flexibility with 16 analog inputs, 2 analog outputs, 16 digital I/O (8 in / 8 out), and two 32-bit counter timers, all running on USB power
- Simultaneous subsystem operation of all subsystems at throughput rates up to 150kHz
- 500 volt galvanic isolation prevents ground loops, maximizes analog signal integrity, and protects the computer
- Runs on USB power, no external power supply needed
- Generate ultra-smooth sine, rectangle, triangle, or other waveforms with the analog outputs with less than 1.0nV/sec glitch energy
- True 16-bit resolution for both the analog input and analog output subsystems
- Independent clocking and triggering for input and output subsystems for maximum flexibility
- Designed for low noise to protect signal integrity
The DT9818 ships with a full complement of software to get you up and running quickly. You can develop your software in .NET, Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual C++, Visual J#, or you can use one of our ready-to-measure applications. Measure Foundry application builder can be used to create powerful test and measurement applications without writing any code.
Pricing and Availability
The DT9818 is priced at $895 in quantities of 100 and is shipping in November.
About Data Translation
Data Translation Inc. designs, manufactures, and distributes highly accurate data acquisition hardware and software products for PC-based measurement systems including easy-to-use USB modules.