PrismTech[tm] announced the release of Spectra[tm] 2.1, the next version of its market-leading Spectra product suite for Software Defined Radio (SDR) developers. PrismTech’s products power netcentricity by optimizing resource management and providing superior communications and data management. Spectra 2.1 delivers new and unrivalled levels of Software Communications Architecture (SCA) developer productivity, SCA compliance validation and SCA operating environment (OE) performance. It is simply the most productive, standards-compliant and optimized SCA developer and OE product suite available.
New features for developer productivity include:
- Support for multiple SDR implementation architectures
- Deployment-independent application modeling
- Deployment-specific target build environments
- SCA Validation Facility
- Enhanced IDL and XML file validation
- v2.2 and/or v2.2.2 validation
- Validation coverage extended to 160 rules
- Enhanced validation reporting
- SCA Correction Facility
- Import, reverse engineer, correct, generate, validate, build and deploy
- SCA Conversion Facility
- SCA v2.2 to SCA v2.2.2 upgrade support
- Model templates for waveform/platform projects
- Project-level integration of user-developed source code
- Additional support for Eclipse IDL 3.3
New features for SCA OE performance include:
- Additional performance enhancements (white papers now available on Spectra OE performance metrics for various RTOS)
- Further overhead/footprint reduction (white papers now available on Spectra OE footprint metrics)
- SCA Everywhere: GPP, DSP, FPGA
- SCA Everywhere: Multi RTOS support – INTEGRITY®, VxWorks®, LynxOS®
- Support for multiple SDR implementation architectures on custom boards
- Flexibility to mix-and-match ‘SCA Everywhere’ with proxy and adapter alternatives for DSP and FPGA
- Additional support for COTS SDR Development Platforms, including: Rockwell Collins’ Flexnet, Spectrum Signal’s SDR-3000/4000, GE Fanuc’s Intelligent Platforms
Jerry Bickle, PrismTech’s Chief Scientist for SDR commented, “Spectra v2.1 delivers capabilities highly-valued and required by developers on every SCA-compliant SDR development program. Being able to develop waveforms and platform code quickly while confident that SCA compliance is maintained is a huge productivity gain. And with Spectra OE driving-up performance, in terms of both speed and efficiency, we are delivering formidable technology to help drive-down radio size, weight, and power. Our efforts over the past few years have proven that COTS SCA technology can bring significant savings in both time and cost. Spectra v2.1 just furthers that advantage with new and unrivalled levels of productivity and performance.”
PrismTech’s customers include many of the leaders in SCA-compliant radio development: including the primary radio OEMs, the major systems integrators and government offices and laboratories.
PrismTech is an acknowledged leader in advanced software integration and infrastructure solutions. The company develops, markets, and supports a wide range of high-performance, standards-compliant, and cost-effective middleware products which are further differentiated by unique technical capabilities and advanced productivity tools. PrismTech’s products “Power Netcentricity” by enabling the event-driven communications, end-to-end qualities-of-service, and software optimization required to best exploit available resources, to better synchronize events, and to support system agility. PrismTech’s product’s differentiators are most highly valued in markets that require business-critical and mission-critical systems. These systems are pervasive in a number of vertical markets, such as Telecom, Mil/Aero, Finance, Utilities, Transportation, and Civil Administration. PrismTech’s customers constitute an impressive list of major systems integrators, OEMs, and ISVs, including many Fortune Global 500 companies.
Spectra, Spectra SDR and Spectra Power Tools are trademarks of PrismTech.