Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE:A) introduced Electromagnetic Professional (EMPro), a new design platform for analyzing the electromagnetic (EM) effects of RF and microwave components such as high-speed IC packages, antennas, on-chip embedded passives and PCB interconnects. The software features the most modern design, simulation and analysis environment, highest-capacity simulation technology. It integrates with the industry’s leading RF and microwave circuit design environment, Agilent’s Advanced Design System (ADS), for fast and efficient RF and microwave circuit design.
“The EMPro platform was developed from the ground up, incorporating the industry’s best proven architecture, user interface and simulation technologies,” said Erwin DeBaetselier, product marketing manager with Agilent’s EEsof EDA division. “EMPro’s architectural advantages relieve designers of time spent setting up, simulating and post processing results, leaving more time for innovation and creating the best designs.”
Key features of EMPro’s environment include:
- efficient, time-saving design entry through the 3D drawing environment, importing of 3D CAD data files or integration with ADS
- intelligent “one-time” materials assignment, allowing designers to “set it and forget it” for subsequent data file imports
- interactive 3D editing, minimizing back-and-forth mouse movements to menu options and dialog boxes
- parameterization of 3D objects, eliminating rework and providing additional time savings
- industry’s fastest and highest-capacity 3D EM simulation and post-processing technology, resulting in demonstrated dramatic simulation speed-up over other EM point tools
- dynamic, real-time plot updating during simulation, providing early insight and avoiding surprises that can surface only after the final results are available
- Linux and Windows[tm] support, allowing designers to run EMPro on their operating system of choice
- worldwide, local language technical and applications support from Agilent, the industry leader in RF and microwave design, test and measurement
EMPro’s key features offer significant advantages over the industry’s current 3D EM point tools such as Ansoft HFSS and CST Microwave Studio. EMPro also sets itself apart from EM point tools through its innovative integration with the industry’s leading RF and microwave circuit design environment, Agilent’s ADS. ADS RF designers can import EMPro parameterized 3D components such as connectors, solder connections, package lead-frames or any custom component for EM simulation and optimization in ADS. This capability enables simulation of a complete family of structures in one step. Because the parameterized 3D component is created one time and is designed to integrate with both EMPro and ADS, the manual, error-prone links between today’s stand-alone 3D EM point tools and ADS are eliminated, resulting in faster design and better accuracy.
Additionally, ADS circuit designers can export layout files from ADS and import them EMPro to accurately model 3D effects (for example, the radiation pattern of a planar antenna molded around the curved surface of a wireless appliance).
U.S. Pricing and Availability
Agilent EMPro is expected to be available in November 2008, with prices starting at approximately $50,000.
For more information about EMPro, visit www.agilent.com/find/eesof-empro. To request a demo of EMPro, visit www.agilent.com/find/eesof-empro-demo.
About Agilent EEsof EDA Software
Agilent EEsof EDA software is compatible with and is used to design the company’s test and measurement equipment. Additional information about all of Agilent’s EDA software offerings is available at www.agilent.com/find/eesof.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world’s premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company’s 20,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $5.4 billion in fiscal 2007.
Windows and MS Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.