Emerson Network Power, a business of Emerson (NYSE:EMR) and the global leader in enabling Business-Critical Continuity[tm], announced extensive participation in the AdvancedTCA® (ATCA®) Summit, the industry’s premier event showcasing the latest innovations in ATCA technologies from October 21-23 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
For the fourth year in a row, the Embedded Computing & Power business of Emerson Network Power will demonstrate its expertise and pioneering leadership in developing and delivering ATCA technology with a variety of presentations as well as a comprehensive array of fully integrated and validated ATCA solutions.
Showcased demonstrations include two new products that will be announced on the opening day of the ATCA Summit, including an innovative, future-proof ATCA platform core with support for 40GbE backplane technology, in addition to Emerson’s interoperable platform management software that will be deployed on an ATCA platform for the first time. In addition, a range of high performance ATCA blades that complement the company’s broad product portfolio will also be available for viewing at booth #300.
In addition to exhibiting and speaking, Emerson Network Power has sponsored, coordinated, and will participate in, an industry-wide xTCA “SlotFest” demonstration illustrating the ecosystem working together to address one of the industry’s key concerns: interoperability. The xTCA SlotFest will feature a Video-on-Demand (VoD) demo with VoD servers running on a mix of blades in six ATCA chassis and four MicroTCA chassis. Emerson will supply a rack, power conversion, ATCA blades, AdvancedMCs (AMCs), ATCA and MicroTCA systems to the event. In addition to getting a firsthand look at how these platforms interact, this demonstration will enable attendees to meet with the designers from more than 20 of the industry’s leading companies that are driving interoperability efforts for ATCA, MicroTCA, AMCs and related software.
Speaking sessions, including a keynote from Shlomo Pri-Tal, chief technology and strategy officer for the Embedded Computing business of Emerson Network Power, titled “xTCA – A View from the Top,” include:
- Forum F1B: Chassis Airflow Characterization Techniques, Stephen Hauser, Chief Architect
- Forum F1C: An Application-Centric View of Storage for xTCA Systems, Jeffrey Berk, Senior Marketing Manager ATCA Platforms
- Forum F1C: Soft NEBS – New Targets for ATCA, Stuart Jamieson, Director, Industry Relations/Architect
- Forum F1C: Container and Shelter Applications – Why ATCA?, Todd Wynia, Vice President, Planning and Development
- Forum F1C: Techniques and Challenges in Powering Enterprise and other AC-powered ATCA and MicroTCA Systems, Conor Quinn, Technical Marketing Manager
- Forum F2A: How to Control Costs When Designing and Building ATCA Systems, Jeffery Berk, Senior Marketing Manager ATCA Platforms
- Tutorial T1A: The ATCA Interoperability Challenge, Stuart Jamieson, Director, Industry Relations/Architect
- Tutorial T2A: ATCA PowerHot-Plugging – Power-Up Sequence and Management Functionality, Frank Cirolia, Application and System Engineer
- Tutorial T2B: Re-Use and the Coat of Many Colors, Stuart Jamieson, Director, Industry Relations/Architect
- Session 103: Applications: Case Studies with Ross Armstrong, Director, ATCA Product Line
- Special Open Tutorial: How to Design and Develop for 10G and 40G, Steven Hauser, Chief Architect
- Session 204: Interoperability and Quality Management System from a Supplier’s Viewpoint, Jeffery Berk, Senior Marketing Manager ATCA Platforms
- Session 205 – Top Ten Things You Need to Know about ATCA and MicroTCA Today, Stuart Jamieson, Director, Industry Relations/Architect
About Emerson Network Power
Emerson Network Power, a business of Emerson (NYSE:EMR), is the global leader in enabling Business-Critical Continuity[tm] from grid to chip for telecommunication networks, data centers, health care and industrial facilities. Emerson Network Power provides innovative solutions and expertise in areas including AC and DC power and precision cooling systems, embedded computing and power, integrated racks and enclosures, power switching and controls, monitoring, and connectivity. All solutions are supported globally by local Emerson Network Power service technicians. For more information on Emerson Network Power’s embedded computing products and services including ATCA®, MicroTCATM, CompactPCI, VMEbus and OpenSAF for original equipment manufacturers and systems integrators in the telecommunications, industrial automation, aerospace/defense and medical markets, visit www.emersonnetworkpower.com/embeddedcomputing. Learn more about Emerson Network Power products and services at www.emersonnetworkpower.com.
Emerson (NYSE: EMR), based in St. Louis, Missouri, USA, is a global leader in bringing technology and engineering together to provide innovative solutions to customers through its network power, process management, industrial automation, climate technologies, and appliance and tools businesses. Sales in fiscal 2007 were $22 billion. For more information, visit www.Emerson.com.
Business-Critical Continuity, Emerson Network Power and the Emerson Network Power logo are trademarks and service marks of Emerson Electric Co. AdvancedTCA and ATCA are registered trademarks, and AdvancedMC and MicroTCA are trademarks of the PCI Industrial Computers Manufacturers Group.