Because of its large installed base in mobile PCs and home networks, flexibility, and mature ecosystem, Wi-Fi is a valued, “Swiss army knife” technology for the consumer electronic (CE) market reports In-Stat. According to research from the high-tech market research firm, “Digital TV will be the second largest category of CE stationary devices shipping with Wi-Fi,” says Victoria Fodale, In-Stat analyst. “The sheer volume of digital TV shipments will make it a strong market, despite a relatively low Wi-Fi attach rate.”
Recent research by In-Stat found the following:
- More than 294 million CE devices with Wi-Fi shipped in 2007
- Compound annual growth rate for CE Wi-Fi devices through 2012 will be 26%
- By 2011, cellular/Wi-Fi handsets will surpass mobile PCs as the large category of Wi-Fi devices
The research, “Wi-Fi in Consumer Electronics: The Swiss Army Knife Technology” (#IN0803980WS), covers the global market for CE devices with Wi-Fi. This research provides:
- Five-year forecast for 20 Wi-Fi CE devices
- CE devices with the highest volume and Wi-Fi attach rates
- Drivers or barriers to demand in each device category
- Key vendors and product releases in each device category
The price is $3,495 (US).
Technology vendors, service providers, technology professionals and market specialists, worldwide, rely on In-Stat’s experienced staff and in-depth research to support critical business, product and technology decisions. In-Stat’s insights are derived from both a deep technology understanding and comprehensive research, which examines each segment of the value chain for each market. Regular and ongoing end-user demand and primary research surveys underpin much of the analysis, enabling In-Stat to provide incisive market knowledge and guidance on future market opportunities via syndicated research products, custom consulting, and advisory services. In-Stat is a strategic segment of the $9 billion Reed Elsevier global information network, with access to an expansive worldwide electronic network, extensive technology databases and well-informed personnel. As a member of Reed Business Information, In-Stat is a division of the largest business-to-business publisher in the U.S.